HOW DO I?
UPDATED Monterey County EMS Listening Sessions
Meetings begin October 16th
The Monterey County Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Agency will be hosting a series of five community-based listening sessions designed to help the County assess the effectiveness of our EMS system. The sessions will be open to residents and community partners and will be structured to encourage feedback and ideas around how to improve our EMS system. The first session is at the Prunedale Library on Monday, October 16th at 5:00 pm.
“We look forward to hearing from residents about how the EMS system can better serve the County” said Michael Petrie, Monterey County EMSA Director. “Information gathered at these meetings will help us design the RFP for the next ambulance contract as well as help us design a system that will serve Monterey County well into the future.”
Monterey County’s EMS system is composed of ambulance providers, fire departments, communications centers, hospital emergency departments, and hospital specialty centers for heart attack, stroke, and trauma patients. The County has hired a consultant, Fitch and Associates, to assist with this process of system assessment, strategic planning, and the development of the next ambulance contract. They will facilitate these meetings.
The Monterey County EMS Agency invites both residents and representatives of community agencies to attend these meetings and to share their perspectives on the current EMS system. Spanish translation services will be provided. Meetings will be held at the following dates and times:
- Monday, October 16th 5:00 to 6:30 pm, Prunedale Library, 17822 Moro Road, Salinas
- Tuesday, October 17th 5:00 to 6:30 pm, Marina Library, 188 Seaside Avenue, Marina
- Tuesday, October 17th 7:00 to 8:30 pm, Monterey County Government Center/Schilling Place, Cayenne Room, 1441 Schilling Place, Salinas
- Wednesday, October 18th 7:00 to 8:30 pm, Carmel Middle School Theater, 4380 Carmel Valley Road, Carmel
- Thursday, October 19th 6:30 pm to 8:00 pm Greenfield Civic Center, 599 El Camino Real, Greenfield