Budget & Analysis Division
The Budget & Analysis Division ensures the financial stability of the County by managing financial functions in an efficient, cost-effective and responsive manner. The Budget & Analysis Division oversees the long range strategic financial planning, public finance, and budget. The Budget & Analysis Division provides the Monterey County Board of Supervisors, departments and the public with timely information to assure financial accuracy, accountability and justification.
The Mission of the Budget and Analysis Division is to:
- Develop a County Budget that supports and enhances Board
of Supervisor’s goals and objectives,
- Maintain the financial integrity of the County and
- Serve as the chief fiscal policy advisor to the County
To this purpose, the Budget and Analysis Division will:
- In conjunction with departments, monitor and review
financial and management aspects of departments, throughout
the fiscal year.
- Work with departments to develop financial and program
strategies to serve the needs of a growing employee and
population base of Monterey County.
- Develop countywide financial trends and forecasting
models to monitor the County’s fiscal condition.
- Oversee the County’s debt financing in collaboration
with the Auditor-Controller and the County Treasurer.
- Collaborate with departments to produce monthly and
quarterly financial reports for the Board of Supervisors.
- Provide technical assistance and mentoring for
departmental staff on fiscal and management issues.
- Serve as an informational and analytic resource to
departments regarding State and Federal funding and program
- Assist Departments in developing program benchmarks to
measure program efficiency and effectiveness.
- Examine best fiscal and management practices and
formulate recommendations for their inclusion in County
- Explore intergovernmental and interdepartmental
collaborations aimed at sharing resources and eliminating
duplication of effort.
- Provide staff support to the Board of Supervisors’
Budget and Health Committees.