1000 S. Main Street
Dear Community Friends:
Each year the Commission on the Status of Women honors women who have significantly improved the quality of life for others, and the adversity they may have had to overcome to achieve this. The Commissionís goal is to highlight the wonderful diversity of women in Monterey County and to honor their work and the contribution they make throughout our county. Please help us in identifying these unsung heroes who have made a difference in their community. We encourage and welcome all nominations who meet our qualifications. The Selection Committee is composed of Commissioners, which may also include community members and past honorees. Thank you for helping us honor Monterey County 's outstanding women. Your active participation will ensure the ongoing success of acknowledging and thanking these dynamic women each year.
QUALIFICATIONSNominees will be selected based on the following criteria:
1. Nominee must have demonstrated community service and has extensively engaged in unpaid volunteer activities.
2. Nominee must have demonstrated a commitment to working for the improvement of society in her neighborhood, community, nation or world.
3. Current Monterey County Supervisors, candidates for elective office, members of the Commission on the Status of Women, and persons associated with the Outstanding Women's Event Committee are ineligible for nomination.
4. Posthumous nomination must be made within one (1) year of nominee's death.
5. Nominations will be accepted for Monterey County residents only who have resided therein for one (1) years prior to this nomination.
INSTRUCTIONSPlease read the following instructions before completing the Nomination Form.
1. Nomination deadline is 5 PM, February 12, 2016. Nominations
2. Type or print clearly. Be as complete and specific as possible. The information that you provide will be the sole basis for selection. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
4.Click here to use the Electronic Nomination Form
SEND COMPLETED FORMS TO: