The County of Monterey is currently undergoing an exciting upgrade to our operating system.
Due to the upgrade, our "self register" feature will be UNAVAILABLE from:
Thursday, April 20, 2017 at 5:00pm, PST until Monday, April 24, 2017 at 12:00pm, PST
After Monday April 24, 2017 at 12:00pm please proceed to the steps below.
Steps to Register - In order to do business with the County, individuals and organizations are required to self register. Below are the steps necessary to do so. Steps 1-3 are required by all vendors:
- Complete the Vendor Data Record and submit to County (see where/how to submit below)
- Vendors must submit either a CA Form 590, CA Form 587 or a waiver letter from the State of CA or they will be subject to the 7% withholding law (more info at bottom of page) and submit to County (see where/how to submit below)
- Write down the relevant commodity code(s) for your goods or services. You will need to enter these codes during registration. The codes must be codes from the NIGP Commodity Code Guide for Monterey County (.xls format) NOTE: We do NOT suggest printing this document as there are over 700 Commodity Codes listed.
- If you are providing services then it is likely you will be required to provide insurance documents per the written agreement. You may reference our Insurance Requirements for additional clarification and samples of required endorsements. Note: The Contracts/Purchasing Division is not accepting insurance documents until a working agreement in underway between the County and a vendor.
- Go to the County's online Vendor Self Service (VSS) to register: https://vendor-center.co.monterey.ca.us
(Internet Explorer is the only browser supported by VSS)
|Are you a CERTIFIED GREEN BUSINESS?If not, we encourage you to become Green Certified through your own local authorities or within the Tri-County areas (Monterey, Santa Cruz and San Benito Counties) through the Monterey Bay Area Green Business Program. FYI: Green Certification may be used as one of the selection factors when awarding contracts from solicitations issued by the County. Details are contained within each individual solicitation so please visit our Solicitations web page|
|Where/How to Submit Required Forms:||Resident and Nonresident Withholding Guidelines:|
|Vendors are required to submit forms as listed in the registration steps above AND also required to self-register in the County's online Vendor Self Service (VSS). All forms should be submitted to the County via Facsimile, email, or postal mail.
Fax: (831) 755-4969
Mailing Address: County of Monterey, Contracts/Purchasing
More About VSS:
VSS provides Vendors like your self with the following features and capabilities:
PLEASE NOTE that only the vendor registration modules are active in VSS at this time.
Payments made to California residents and nonresidents, including corporations, limited liability companies, and partnerships that do not have a permanent place of business in the state of California are subject to seven percent (7%) state income tax withholding (California Revenue and Taxation Code Section 18662).
Types of income subject to withholding include, but are not limited to, payments for services performed in California and payments of leases, rents and royalties for property (real or personal) located in California. No withholding is required on payments for goods.
This California withholding law may not apply to you, and in that case, we are required to keep on file a Franchise Tax Board form 590 that demonstrates your exemption. Alternatively, you may be eligible for a reduced withholding or a waiver altogether. In order to qualify, please read and follow the instructions as outlined below:
This law does not apply to you if you are a:
Contracts/Purchasing Officer Mike Derr
(831) 755-4992 phone
(831) 755-4969 fax