Please Note: Due to a system conversion, our office will be closed Friday, November 3rd. Also, online services will not be available from 4pm on Thursday, November 2nd to 8am on Monday, November 6th.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Please note: Beginning November 18th, 2014 our office will be closed from 4-5pm once per quarter, on the third Tuesday of the following months: March, May, August and November.
Sorry for any inconvenience that this may cause.
THE COUNTY CLERK HAS THE FOLLOWING BASIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Issues and registers marriage licenses
- Files fictitious business names, notary oaths of office, power of attorneys, surety bonds, and inventory statements, among other miscellaneous filings
- Files California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) documents
- Registers Professional Photocopiers, Process Servers, Unlawful Detainer Assistants, Legal Document Assistants, and Humane Officers
- Is the local filing official for the Fair Political Practice Commission in the notification, filing and reporting of certain Statements of Economic Interest
- Maintains a list of public rosters