In accordance with California Law, only the following individuals are allowed to obtain a certified copy of a Military Discharge (DD214), after showing photo identification:
- Veteran named on the discharge
- Family member of the veteran
- Legal representative of the veteran
- Government Agency that provides Veteran's benefits
A request for Military Discharge (DD214) can be ordered by mailing a completed application to the following address:
Monterey County Recorder
P. O. Box 29
Salinas, CA 93902
The application must be notarized and sworn under the penalty of perjury that the requestor is an authorized person as noted above, and a photocopy of the requestor's photo identification must be included.
There is no fee to obtain a certified copy of a Military Discharge.
Information needed to search for a Military Discharge (DD214) as follows:
- Year of Discharge or Year document recorded
Click here for an: Application for Military Discharge (DD214)