HOW DO I?
Monterey County Animal Control Program Advisory Board
Monterey County Animal Control Program Advisory Board will meet Thursday, April 27th at 3:30 pm at the Monterey County Animal Services Center located at 160 Hitchcock Road in Salinas
4/24/2017 11:15:32 AM
Membership: The Board consists of nine members. Each Supervisor appoints one member, and the Director of Health appoints four members. The membership should include representatives from the following professions:
- Veterinary profession;
- Educational community;
- Agricultural community;
- Pet owner associations and clubs;
- Kennel and pet shop operators and;
- Concerned citizens.
Ex-officio members shall include Representatives of:
- Chief Animal Control Officer;
- District Attorney;
- Agricultural Commissioner.
- Monterey Superior Court; and
- Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals for Monterey County, Inc.
Terms: The terms of office of members are 3 years commencing on the first of July, with staggered terms, so that one-third of the members’ terms expire July 1 of each year.
Qualifications & Functions: The Advisory Board will review and analyze Title 8 of the Monterey County Code (Animal Control); review and evaluate the animal control program needs, services, facilities, and budget; advise and assist in public information and public relations activities of the County Animal Control Program; and report its findings and recommendations to the Board of Supervisors through the Director of Health.
Meeting Date, Time and Place: The Board shall establish a regular meeting date and time, which shall not be less than quarterly.
- Meeting Agenda - March 16, 2017
- Meeting Agenda - February 23, 2017
- Meeting Agenda - January 27, 2017
- Meeting Agenda – December 15, 2016
- Meeting Agenda- September 22, 2016
- Meeting Agenda – June 16, 2016
- Meeting Agenda – April 6, 2016
- Meeting Agenda – March 17, 2016
- Meeting Agenda – December 17, 2015
- Meeting Agenda – September 20, 2015
- Meeting Agenda – June 25, 2015