HOW DO I?
10:00 AMPostpartum Support Group
10:00 AMSurfRider Foundation
8:00 AMParent University - Seaside
The Behavorial Health Commission meets on the last Thursday of the month at 5:30 p.m. location is subject to change. For copy of agenda and information regarding meeting location, contact the Secretary to the Commission at 831-755-4509
Established pursuant to Welfare and Institutions Code Section 5604, Resolution No. 77-333, August 9, 1977, Section 5604, Chapter 1, Part (Short-Doyle); amended by Resolution No. 80-12; amended by Resolution No. 84-273 (re-structuring board) and rescinding Resolution No. 77-333; amended by Resolution No. 86-76; amended by Resolution No. 93-271 (name change) adopted July 27, 1993; amended by board order on December 14, 2004.
The Commission consists of 17 members, including one member of the Board of Supervisors. At least 50% of the membership should be consumers or the parents, spouses, siblings, or adult children of behavioral health consumers, who are receiving or have received behavioral health services. (20% of the total membership should be consumers, and at least 20% shall be family members of consumers). The remaining members should be individuals who have experience or knowledge of the behavioral health system.
The Commission may appoint up to five associate members between the ages of 15 and 18 years to bring the perspectives of youth to the Behavioral Health Commission. These associates will have not have voting privileges but will have the right to participate in all other matters of the Commission, with the exception of training conducted in areas outside the county. The associate members of this class serve a one-year term. Terms will expire December 31 of each year.
Commissioner Term Each appointee serves a 3-year term. The members’ terms are staggered so that five members appointed by the individual Supervisors expire each year. The regular appointee’s terms run from June 1st of the year of appointment, until May 31st, three years later.
Monterey County Behavioral Health Commission Bylaws January 2018
- Agenda - March 28, 2019
- BHC - February 28, 2019 Draft Minutes
- BHC - Audio Minutes for February 28, 2019 meeting
- BHC - Audio Minutes for January 31, 2019 meeting
- 2019 Meeting Schedule
- FY 18-20 MHSA 3-Year Program Plan and Budget
- Brown Act Training Document
MHC 2019 meeting Handouts
MHC 2018 Meeting Handouts
- BHC Meeting Handouts (11/29/2018)
- BHC Meeting Handouts (10/25/2018)
- BHC Meeting Handouts (9/27/2018)
- BHC Meeting Handouts (8/30/2018)
- BHC Meeting Handouts (4/26/2018)
- BHC Meeting Handouts (3/29/18)
- BHC Meeting Handouts (2/22/18)
- BHC Meeting Handouts (1/25/2018)
- Director's Report January 2018
- Calendar 2018 - (Draft)
- November 30, 2017 Meeting Minutes (Draft)
- Bylaws Review Recommendations by County Counsel
- Bylaws Revisions Summary January 2018
- Bylaws Proposed Revisions from Bylaws Committee
- MHC Meeting Topics 2018
- Mental Health Services Act (MHSA) Planning Timeline FY 2019