HOW DO I?
10:00 AMMonterey County Collaborates
9:00 AMCiclovia Salinas
- Donate or volunteer at your local food bank or host your own food drive.
- Post food bank distribution calendars at your workplace, place of worship, or community event.
- Raise awareness about CalFresh; Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) program, school lunch programs, and Monterey County 211.
- Elect officials who care about hunger issues.
- Support state policy that influences food insecurity such as minimum wage legislation.
- Log on to California Food Policy Advocates http://cfpa.net/ to learn about California legislation that will help reduce food insecurity.
- Support the Federal Farm Bill, which not only helps farmers across the country, but also puts nutritious food on the tables of low-income families across the nation.
- Support non-profit organizations and many others that address food insecurity.
- Support issues that influence food insecurity: poverty, access to healthy food, minimum wage, housing, access to healthcare, and transportation.
Food Bank for Monterey County: http://www.foodbankformontereycounty.org/
Monterey County Office of Education: http://www.montereycoe.org/districts-schools/district-links/index
Monterey County 211: http://www.unitedwaymcca.org/2-1-1
Women, Infants, and Children (WIC): http://www.mtyhd.org/index.php/services/general-health/women-infants-children-wic/
California Food Policy Advocates: http://cfpa.net/