HOW DO I?
Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Operations Committee
The Monterey County Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Operations Committee shall provide guidance and input to the EMS Director, EMS Medical Director and Emergency Medical Services Council on operational issues involving prehospital EMS.
There are nine voting members of the EMS Operations Committee, appointed by the EMS Director as follows:
- One fire chief from an incorporated city within Monterey County and nominated by the Monterey County Fire Chiefs’ Association;
- One fire chief from a fire protection district within Monterey County and nominated by the Monterey County Fire Chiefs’ Association;
- One manager/supervisor from the California Highway Patrol;
- One police manager/supervisor from an incorporated city within Monterey County and nominated by the Monterey County Law Enforcement Chiefs’ Association;
- One Monterey County-authorized Mobile Intensive Care Nurse nominated by the Medical Advisory Committee (MAC);
- One representative from the County’s primary ambulance contractor/provider;
- One representative from Carmel Regional Fire Ambulance;
- One representative from the County Department of Emergency Communications;
- The County EMS Agency Training Coordinator; and
- The EMS Medical Director shall serve as an ex-officio, non-voting member of the EMS Operations Committee.
The EMS Operations Committee normally meets every other month (odd months). Meetings are normally scheduled from 1:30 – 3:00 p.m. on the second Wednesday of odd months, at the Monterey County Health Department’s Whitney Conference Room. EMS Operations Committee meetings are open to the public.
EMS Operations Committee Members
|Department of Emergency Communications||Oliva Madrigal||12/31/2016|
|Monterey County Fire Chiefs Association (Fire Districts)||Ron Lemos (Vice-Chair)||12/31/2014|
|Monterey County Fire Chiefs Association (Cities)||Scott Houchin (Chair)||12/31/2015|
|Primary EMS Provider||Mike Esslinger||12/31/2014|
|Monterey County Law-Enforcement Chiefs Association||Paul Miller||12/31/2015|
|California Highway Patrol||Steve Neumann||12/31/2013|
|MICN Representative||Rhonda Rocker||12/31/2016|
|City of Carmel By The Sea Fire Ambulance||Dave Jedinak||12/31/2015|
|Monterey County EMS Training Coordinator||Steve Brooks||12/31/2014|
|Ex Officio Member|
|EMS Medical Director (MAC Chair)||Dr. James Stubblefield||N/A|