HOW DO I?
Low Cost Vaccination and Microchip Clinic
Monterey County Animal Services is hosting a Low-Cost Vaccine and Microchip Clinic on Sunday, May 14th from 10 am to 2 pm at the North Monterey County Recreation Park Facility in Castroville. This event is a great opportunity to take steps to keep your pet healthy and safe.
4/26/2017 4:44:00 PM
Monterey County Animal Control Program Advisory Board
Monterey County Animal Control Program Advisory Board will meet Thursday, April 27th at 3:30 pm at the Monterey County Animal Services Center located at 160 Hitchcock Road in Salinas
4/24/2017 11:15:32 AM
Taking Back Unwanted Drugs, Saturday, April 29, 2017
On Saturday, April 29, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. local law enforcement and the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) will give the public the opportunity to prevent pill abuse and theft by ridding their homes of potentially dangerous expired, unused, and unwanted prescription drugs.
4/17/2017 10:15:00 AM
Source Capacity Testing Requirements
All wells that are proposed to supply water for domestic use or to be connected to a water distribution system shall first undergo a continuous source-capacity (pumping) test to determine the yield of the well. If you wish to use this test for a water system, new home, or a planning project such as a subdivision, the test shall be witnessed by the Drinking Water Protection Services.
- Review the Source Capacity Testing Procedures
- Hire a qualified contractor to conduct a test. Click here for a list of contractors that have conducted source capacity tests in Monterey County
- Submit the completed application by mail or in person to the address below
- Conduct the test
- Submit a report of finding to the Drinking Water Protection Services
Drinking Water Protection Services-Well Program
1270 Natividad Rd
Salinas, CA 93906
Water Quality Testing Requirements
All new single connection domestic wells are required to have the following tests conducted (See water system requirements for new water system well testing requirements):
- Inorganic Chemical Analysis: Aluminum, antimony, arsenic, asbestos, barium, beryllium, cadmium, chromium, chromium VI, cyanide, fluoride, mercury, nickel, nitrate (NO3), nitrite, (NO2), perchlorate, selenium, and thallium. Asbestos and cyanide may be waived if determined to not be vulnerable.
- Secondary Standards: Total dissolved solids, specific conductance, chloride, sulfate, calcium, magnesium, potassium, sodium, iron, manganese, carbonate, bicarbonate, hydroxide alkalinity, total hardness, MBAS, copper, zinc, silver, color, odor, turbidity, pH. MTBE and thiobencarb are also required, but may be waived if determined to not be vulnerable.
- Coliform Bacteria Analysis
Tests must be conducted by a California Environmental Laboratory Accreditation Program Certified Laboratory.