HOW DO I?
Beach Closure Lifted: MacAbee Beach
The closure of MacAbee Beach in Monterey has been lifted. The beach was posted due to a report to Monterey County Health Department's Environmental Health Bureau that sewage had spilled into the bay. Samples taken on August 14, 2017 reveal indicator bacteria levels considered safe for recreational contact.
8/15/2017 2:36:00 PM
Increasing Adolescent Immunization Coverage
What are the nation’s experts saying to their patients about HPV vaccination? Three providers—a pediatrician, an OB-GYN, and a head and neck surgeon—outline the importance of vaccinating 11- and 12-year-olds against HPV cancers in a newly released e-learning module.
There are Many Things We Want to Pass to Our Loved Ones - Illness is Not One of Them
You want to pass on certain things like family traditions, a grandmother’s quilt or dad’s love of books – but no one wants to pass on a serious illness. Take charge of your health and help protect those around you by asking about vaccines at your next doctor’s visit.
SMALL WATER SYSTEM PROGRAM
The Drinking Water Protection Services regulates Local and State Small Water Systems, which serve 2-14 connections. Many residents and visitors receive their water from these systems. Drinking Water Protection Services currently administrates 969 systems, which serve about 4232 connections.
Program staff regularly tests these water systems and provides guidance to correct any deficiencies.
The small water system program consists of the following two types of water systems:
- 105 - Local Small Water System – Serves drinking water to 2-4 connections. Regulated by Monterey County Code (Chapter 15.04)
- 104 - State Small Water System – Serves drinking water to 5-14 connections and does not regularly serve drinking water to more than an average of 25 individuals daily for more than 60 days out of the year. Regulated by Monterey County Code (Chapter 15.04), California Code of Regulations (Section 64211)
Service connections include all dwelling units (i.e., single family homes, apartments, caretakers units, and senior units) and parcels which use potable water for domestic and not agriculture purposes.
- Technical Assistance
- Complaint Investigations
- Record Maintenance
- Maintain Water System Connection List – Can be used to search the name of the water system that serves a parcel or address
- State and Local Small Service Area list (Use this list to look the up the name of the water system that an address or parcel is connected to – list is currently being updated)
- Self Inspection Form
- Disinfection Instructions / Disinfection Instructions (En español)
- Sampling Instructions / Sampling Instructions (En español)
- List of Operators and Laboratories
- List of Engineering Firms
- Nitrate FAQs
- Arsenic FAQs
- Guidelines For Water System Plans
- State and Local Small Water System Application and Attachments