HOW DO I?
Low Cost Vaccination and Microchip Clinic
Monterey County Animal Services is hosting a Low-Cost Vaccine and Microchip Clinic on Sunday, May 14th from 10 am to 2 pm at the North Monterey County Recreation Park Facility in Castroville. This event is a great opportunity to take steps to keep your pet healthy and safe.
4/26/2017 4:44:00 PM
Monterey County Animal Control Program Advisory Board
Monterey County Animal Control Program Advisory Board will meet Thursday, April 27th at 3:30 pm at the Monterey County Animal Services Center located at 160 Hitchcock Road in Salinas
4/24/2017 11:15:32 AM
Taking Back Unwanted Drugs, Saturday, April 29, 2017
On Saturday, April 29, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. local law enforcement and the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) will give the public the opportunity to prevent pill abuse and theft by ridding their homes of potentially dangerous expired, unused, and unwanted prescription drugs.
4/17/2017 10:15:00 AM
SMALL WATER SYSTEM PROGRAM
The Drinking Water Protection Services regulates Local and State Small Water Systems, which serve 2-14 connections. Many residents and visitors receive their water from these systems. Drinking Water Protection Services currently administrates 969 systems, which serve about 4232 connections.
Program staff regularly tests these water systems and provides guidance to correct any deficiencies.
The small water system program consists of the following two types of water systems:
- Local Small Water System – Serves drinking water to 2-4 connections. Regulated by Monterey County Code (Chapter 15.04)
- State Small Water System – Serves drinking water to 5-14 connections and does not regularly serve drinking water to more than an average of 25 individuals daily for more than 60 days out of the year. Regulated by Monterey County Code (Chapter 15.04), California Code of Regulations (Section 64211)
- Technical Assistance
- Complaint Investigations
- Record Maintenance
- Maintain Water System Connection List – Can be used to search the name of the water system that serves a parcel or address
- State and Local Small Service Area list (Use this list to look the up the name of the water system an address is being connected to – list is currently being updated)
- Inspection Form
- Disinfection Instructions
- Sampling Instructions
- List of Operators and Laboratories
- Nitrate FAQs
- Arsenic FAQs
- Guidelines For Water System Plans
- State and Local Small Water System Application and Attachments