HOW DO I?
Monterey County Health Department awarded six million dollars for substance use disorder treatment and expansion of mental health services
No Zip Code Left Behind - The project will serve South Monterey County. Monterey County Health Department’s Behavioral Health Bureau has been awarded $6 million from the State of California Board of State and Community Corrections.
6/19/2017 10:42:00 AM
Monterey County Health Department offers tips on preventing heat related illnes
Individuals may more fully enjoy the warm weather and avoid heat related illness by drinking plenty of water, staying cool, and making a few changes in their activities.
6/14/2017 10:04:00 AM
Public is being warned of Salmonella infections linked to contact with live poultry
The California Department of Public Health (CDPH) is warning people of the risks of Salmonella infection associated with contact with live poultry.
6/7/2017 4:19:00 PM
SMALL WATER SYSTEM PROGRAM
The Drinking Water Protection Services regulates Local and State Small Water Systems, which serve 2-14 connections. Many residents and visitors receive their water from these systems. Drinking Water Protection Services currently administrates 969 systems, which serve about 4232 connections.
Program staff regularly tests these water systems and provides guidance to correct any deficiencies.
The small water system program consists of the following two types of water systems:
- 105 - Local Small Water System – Serves drinking water to 2-4 connections. Regulated by Monterey County Code (Chapter 15.04)
- 104 - State Small Water System – Serves drinking water to 5-14 connections and does not regularly serve drinking water to more than an average of 25 individuals daily for more than 60 days out of the year. Regulated by Monterey County Code (Chapter 15.04), California Code of Regulations (Section 64211)
Service connections include all dwelling units (i.e., single family homes, apartments, caretakers units, and senior units) and parcels which use potable water for domestic and not agriculture purposes.
- Technical Assistance
- Complaint Investigations
- Record Maintenance
- Maintain Water System Connection List – Can be used to search the name of the water system that serves a parcel or address
- State and Local Small Service Area list (Use this list to look the up the name of the water system an address is being connected to – list is currently being updated)
- Inspection Form
- Disinfection Instructions
- Sampling Instructions
- List of Operators and Laboratories
- Nitrate FAQs
- Arsenic FAQs
- Guidelines For Water System Plans
- State and Local Small Water System Application and Attachments