HOW DO I?
1:00 PMCiclovia Gonzales
Puppy Stolen from County Shelter; Staff Asking for Public’s Help
Monterey County Animal Services is asking for the public’s help to find a puppy that was stolen from the county shelter on Hitchcock Road Friday night, September 14th.
Big Safety Testing Failure Rate For California Pot Products – CBS San Francisco
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Nearly 20 percent of marijuana products in California have failed tests for potency and purity since the state started requiring the checks on July 1, a failure rate some in the industry say has more to do with unrealistic standards and technical glitches than protecting consumer safety.
9/14/2018 1:49:02 PM
Illegal Dumping - A Growing Problem We Can Solve
Illegal dumping costs California taxpayers millions of dollars every year . In Monterey County, cleaning up illegally dumped mattresses, televisions, and other household furniture and trash is not only expensive for local governments, it is expensive for private property owners who become victim to illegal dumping; rural land owners, particularly farmers and ranchers, share a high burden of these costs.
9/10/2018 11:25:00 AM
California’s Chapter 15 of the California Plumbing Code (CPC) (as of 2017, previously it was in Chapter 16) titled, “Alternate Water Sources for Nonpotable Applications”, which covers regulations on reuse of reclaimed (recycled) water, gray water, and on-site treated nonpotable gray water.
Chapter 15 of the California Plumbing Code: Clothes Washer System
A clothes washer system does not require a construction permit as specified in Section 126.96.36.199 and may be installed or altered, but must follow the below requirements:
- If required, notification has been provided to the Enforcing Agency regarding the proposed location and installation of a graywater irrigation or disposal system.
- The design shall allow the user to direct the flow to the irrigation or disposal field or the building sewer. The direction control of the graywater shall be clearly labeled and readily accessible to the user.
- The installation, change, alteration or repair of the system does not include a potable water connection or a pump and does not affect other building, plumbing, electrical or mechanical components including structural features, egress, fire-life safety, sanitation, potable water supply piping or accessibility. Note: The pump in a clothes washer shall not be considered part of the graywater system.
- The graywater shall be contained on the site where it is generated.
- Graywater shall be directed to and contained within an irrigation or disposal field.
- Ponding or runoff is prohibited and shall be considered a nuisance.
- Graywater may be released above the ground surface provided at least two (2) inches (51 mm) of mulch, rock, or soil, or a solid shield covers the release point. Other methods which provide equivalent separation are also acceptable.
- Graywater systems shall be designed to minimize contact with humans and domestic pets.
- Water used to wash diapers or similarly soiled or infectious garments shall not be used and shall be diverted to the building sewer.
- Graywater shall not contain hazardous chemicals derived from activities such as cleaning car parts washing greasy or oily rags, or disposing of waste solutions from home photo labs or similar hobbyist or home occupational activities.
- Exemption from construction permit requirements of this code shall not be deemed to grant authorization for any graywater system to be installed in a manner that violates other provisions of this code or any other laws or ordinances of the Enforcing Agency.
- An operation and maintenance manual shall be provided. Directions shall indicate the manual is to remain with the building throughout the life of the system and indicate that upon change of ownership or occupancy, the new owner or tenant shall be notified the structure contains a graywater system.
- Gray water discharge from a clothes washer system through a standpipe shall be properly trapped in accordance with Section 1005.0
When running a bleach or dirty diaper laundry load the system would need to be switched to the sanitary sewer or septic system (except bleach or other harsh chemicals which can impact the bacteria health of your system).