HOW DO I?
Monterey County Declares Hepatitis A Outbreak Among Homeless Population
Since early 2017, the San Diego and Santa Cruz County Health Departments have been investigating local hepatitis A outbreaks among individuals who are homeless or use illicit drugs. Unfortunately, disease levels in Monterey County have now reached outbreak levels. Since October 2017, hepatitis A has been diagnosed in 9 individuals with a history of homeless in Monterey County. These individuals did not travel outside of Monterey County so are assumed to have become ill due to transmission within the homeless and illegal drug use communities in Monterey County.
2/5/2018 4:46:00 PM
UPDATE: Request for information about illegal hazardous waste dump
Since the initial reporting of the illegally disposed hazardous waste barrels on January 17th, 2018, the Monterey County Health Department has identified four disposal locations within the county. 58 barrels have been found.Thanks to calls we received from the public, we are aware that there may be as many as 70 barrels total disposed.
1/19/2018 3:07:00 PM
Baby its Cold Outside - Stay warm safely
The National Weather Service’s forecast for freezing temperatures leaves residents vulnerable to cold. The Monterey County Health Department would like to remind everyone to keep warm safely.
2/20/2018 11:05:00 AM
Prop 65 Reports
California State Hazardous Materials Spill Reports and Monterey County Emergency Response Incident Reports dated prior to those listed here are available by request from Environmental Health staff at (831) 755-4505, or by asking any Environmental Health employee in the Salinas, Monterey or King City offices.
Do you have a question or concern, please feel free to submit it online using our Environmental Health Concern Form.
- 20170827~Tervan Ave, Salinas~17-066
- 20170825~Old Cemetary Rd & Hwy 183~17-065
- 20170822~Napa St, Seaside~17-063
- 20170822~MP 95 of the coast subdivision, Parjaro~17-062
- 20170822~ Hwy 183, Salinas~17-064
- 20170821~San Jon Rd, Salinas~17-061
- 20170820~Bitterwater and Chestnut Ave, King City~17-059
- 20170818~Pacific St, Monterey~17-056
- 20170818~Louise St, Salinas~17-058
- 20170817~Flores St, Seaside~17-055
- 20170817~11th and Torrez St, Carmel~17-057
- 20170815~South Front St, Soledad~17-054
- 20170813~Cannery Row, Monterey~17-053
- 20170808~Encinal St, Soledad~17-051