HOW DO I?
CalEPA Unified Program Surcharges
The proposed Unified Program Oversight, Underground Storage Tank and Refinery Safety surcharge amounts will become effective in May 2017, and shall be assessed and collected during the 2017/2018 fiscal year.
4/28/2017 4:31:55 PM
Annual Quarantine of Sport-Harvested Mussels Begins May 1
The quarantine begins May 1 and applies to all species of mussels that are recreationally harvested along the California coast, including all bays and estuaries. The quarantine is in place to protect the public against poisoning that can lead to serious illness, including coma and death.
Low Cost Vaccination and Microchip Clinic
Monterey County Animal Services is hosting a Low-Cost Vaccine and Microchip Clinic on Sunday, May 14th from 10 am to 2 pm at the North Monterey County Recreation Park Facility in Castroville. This event is a great opportunity to take steps to keep your pet healthy and safe.
4/26/2017 4:44:00 PM
Information regarding CERS
CERS is a statewide web-based system to support California Unified Program Agencies (CUPAs) and Participating Agencies (PAs) in electronically collecting and reporting various hazardous materials-related data such as:
- Hazardous Materials Business Plan (HMBP)
- Hazardous Waste
- Hazardous Waste Onsite Treatment
- Hazardous Waste Tank Closures
- Remote Waste Consolidation
- Recyclable Materials Reports
- Underground Storage Tanks (UST)
- Aboveground petroleum storage over 1,320 gallons (APSA/SPCC)
Monterey County Environmental Health Bureau (EHB) is requesting all regulated facilities to submit their various hazardous materials-related data to the CERS database.
- If you currently are regulated by EHB CUPA, we have pre-populated some of your existing facility information into CERS and it is available to you through the CERS Business Portal.
- Most of our business users will only need to create a CERS account containing a user name and password.
- EHB staff is also available by appointment to assist business users in establishing a user account in CERS.
- For newly regulated businesses a new CERS facility will need to be created by going to CERS website.