HOW DO I?
CalEPA Unified Program Surcharges
The proposed Unified Program Oversight, Underground Storage Tank and Refinery Safety surcharge amounts will become effective in May 2017, and shall be assessed and collected during the 2017/2018 fiscal year.
4/28/2017 4:31:55 PM
Annual Quarantine of Sport-Harvested Mussels Begins May 1
The quarantine begins May 1 and applies to all species of mussels that are recreationally harvested along the California coast, including all bays and estuaries. The quarantine is in place to protect the public against poisoning that can lead to serious illness, including coma and death.
Low Cost Vaccination and Microchip Clinic
Monterey County Animal Services is hosting a Low-Cost Vaccine and Microchip Clinic on Sunday, May 14th from 10 am to 2 pm at the North Monterey County Recreation Park Facility in Castroville. This event is a great opportunity to take steps to keep your pet healthy and safe.
4/26/2017 4:44:00 PM
Residents of Big Sur
- The 40 yard dumpster at Vista Point will be emptied Friday, April 28th.
- Businesses and residents north of Pfeiffer Canyon Bridge will be serviced on schedule with no delays.
- Businesses and residents south of Pfeiffer Canyon Bridge will have their material picked up every other week on Friday. The next pick up day is tomorrow, April 21.
- Roll off dumpsters are placed north and south of Pfeiffer Canyon Bridge and are available to be used by residents and businesses. On Friday, April 21 WM, Inc. will be sending another covered 40 yard roll off box south of the road closure.
- Credit adjustments are available to businesses and residents south of the road closure. Please feel free to have residents contact Kristin Skromme (firstname.lastname@example.org 831-796-2220) to process their adjustment.
Last week WM was able to service commercial businesses on Friday, April 7 successfully. Next pick up date will be Friday, April 21
There are two large dumpsters north of Pfeiffer Canyon Bridge available to residents. Waste Management emptied 1-30 yard dumpster on 4/3/2017 and plan to empty the second 30 yard dumpster today 4/4/2017.
Waste Management trash and recycle trucks will be servicing residents and businesses north of the bridge Monday – Thursday each week.
Waste Management is currently servicing north of the Pfeiffer Canyon Bridge at regular schedule and south of Pfeiffer Canyon Bridge every other Friday. Next service day south of the down bridge will be April 7th.