HOW DO I?
10:00 AMPostpartum Support Group
10:00 AMSurfRider Foundation
8:00 AMParent University - Seaside
It’s time to know your TB status and risk!
The California Department of Public Health has announced that 2,091 new cases of tuberculosis (TB) disease were identified in the state in 2018, an increase compared to the 2,059 cases reported in 2017. TB is one of the world’s deadliest infectious diseases and is one of the top ten causes of death, causing more deaths each year than HIV/AIDS. The health department continues to advocate for increased testing and treatment of latent TB infection because treatment prevents people from developing TB disease. Latent TB infection means that an individual has the germ that causes TB, but it is not yet making them sick. Treatment of latent TB infection is essential to achieve a TB-free California. This year’s World TB Day (March 24th, 2019) theme is: It’s Time!
3/22/2019 9:00:00 AM
Notice of Monterey/San Benito County’s Continuum of Care (CoC) Application Process for Homeless Emergency Aid Program (HEAP) 2019 Notification of Funding Availability (NOFA).
On behalf of the Leadership Council, the Coalition of Homeless Services Providers (CHSP) issued its Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA) for the Homeless Emergency Aid Program (HEAP) on February 8, 2019. Eligible activities include; expansion of homeless bed inventory through new emergency shelters, warming shelters, transitional, permanent or other homeless housing; operating and/or supportive services for new homeless beds; rental assistance, rapid rehousing, eviction prevention and/or move-in assistance; street outreach programs; health and safety education services; criminal justice diversion programs; housing navigation services; landlord mitigation programs; targeted case management and other related activities.
2/11/2019 9:28:00 AM
Monterey County’s Water Resources Agency is looking for community members to serve on its Basin Management Advisory Committee
The Monterey County Water Resources Agency is seeking applications for three (3) vacant public member seats on the Basin Management Advisory Committee (BMAC).
2/6/2019 9:28:51 AM
Residents of Big Sur
- The Big Sur bridge will be open beginning this Friday, October 13 at 5pm. We will resume normal routes beginning the week of Monday, October 16.
- WM will not be servicing south of the landslide. Collection services will be provided to customers north of the landslide
6/13/17WM, Inc. has been sending trucks, including roll offs, on Fridays to service Big Sur. Please adhere to the guidance that this is for household waste and not bulky items such as appliances.
- Waste Management will be collecting trash from homes and businesses next Friday, June 9. WM is still operating on an every other week collection schedule.
- On 6/1/17 the dumpsters north of the bridge closure were emptied. WM, Inc. appreciates the residents that called them to let them know the dumpsters were full last week.
- There are two dumpsters located at Mill Creek and Vista Point. Each week one dumpster will be emptied. Coastal Roll Off is contracting with San Miguel Hauling Company to empty the dumpsters at Mill Creek and Vista Point.
- Credits are being offered to customers that have not received pick up from Waste Management. Please call Kristin Skromme at 831.796.2220 for more information.
Waste Management, Inc.’s update for Big Sur
- Waste Management does not have the driver availability to deliver the dumpster tomorrow, 5/10. Instead, we will deliver the 25 yard covered dumpster on Friday, May 12 to Mill Creek Rd. I apologize for the delay. We are entering our busy season and simply do not have enough drivers to deliver to Big Sur tomorrow.
- Coastal Rolloff will not be able to service the 40 yard dumpsters using Nacimiento-Fergusson Road. They have agreed to empty the 40 yard dumpsters once CalTrans opens up access at Mud Creek. If access is open this Friday, Coastal Rolloff will service one of the dumpsters.
Residential and Commercial Dumpsters
- This past Friday, May 5 Waste Management sent the commercial truck to collect from residents and businesses. We collected 15 tons of material. WM is on an every other week pick up schedule for residents and businesses. The next pick up day will be Friday, May 19.
The 2-40 yard dumpsters are provided and serviced by Coastal Rolloff. Coastal Rolloff accesses the dumpsters from northbound Hwy 1 from San Luis Obispo. With the newest landslide occurring last week, Coastal was not able to empty the 40 yard Mill Creek dumpster on Friday, May 5. Coastal is only able to service 1-40 yard each Friday due to their driver availability.
The 40 yard dumpsters are located at Mill Creek and Vista Point. Both dumpsters are completely full. The dumpsters are getting abused in the sense that they are being overfilled, litter is left behind, and bulky items are being dropped into the containers. The dumpsters are strictly for the use of residential trash.
- Friday, May 5th, Waste Management, Inc. will service all customers south of Pfeiffer Canyon Bridge. One dumpster [owned by Coastal Rolloff] south of the Pfeiffer Canyon Bridge will also be emptied. Please note there have been reports of another slide [address 64955 Hwy 1] and those customers in proximity may not be serviced due to conditions/access.
- The 40 yard dumpster at Vista Point will be emptied Friday, April 28th.
- Businesses and residents north of Pfeiffer Canyon Bridge will be serviced on schedule with no delays.
- Businesses and residents south of Pfeiffer Canyon Bridge will have their material picked up every other week on Friday. The next pick up day is tomorrow, April 21.
- Roll off dumpsters are placed north and south of Pfeiffer Canyon Bridge and are available to be used by residents and businesses. On Friday, April 21 WM, Inc. will be sending another covered 40 yard roll off box south of the road closure.
- Credit adjustments are available to businesses and residents south of the road closure. Please feel free to have residents contact Kristin Skromme (email@example.com 831-796-2220) to process their adjustment.
Last week WM was able to service commercial businesses on Friday, April 7 successfully. Next pick up date will be Friday, April 21
There are two large dumpsters north of Pfeiffer Canyon Bridge available to residents. Waste Management emptied 1-30 yard dumpster on 4/3/2017 and plan to empty the second 30 yard dumpster today 4/4/2017.
Waste Management trash and recycle trucks will be servicing residents and businesses north of the bridge Monday – Thursday each week.
Waste Management is currently servicing north of the Pfeiffer Canyon Bridge at regular schedule and south of Pfeiffer Canyon Bridge every other Friday. Next service day south of the down bridge will be April 7th.