HOW DO I?
CDPH Issues Guidelines on How to Reduce Exposure to Radio Frequency Energy from Cell Phones
As smartphone use continues to increase in the U.S., especially among children, the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) today issued guidance for individuals and families who want to decrease their exposure to the radio frequency energy emitted from cell phones. Although the scientific community has not reached a consensus on the risks of cell phone use, research suggests long-term, high use may impact human health.
12/14/2017 2:28:50 PM
Winter Recess Closure List
Many Monterey County government offices will be closed or have limited hours of operation during a Winter Recess scheduled from December 26th- 29st. Check the department open/closed list for available services.
12/13/2017 4:06:00 PM
It's Not Too Late
It’s that time of year again. As family and friends are gathering for the holidays, flu activity is increasing. Now is a great time to get a flu vaccine if you have not gotten vaccinated yet. A flu vaccine can protect you and your loved ones. Everyone 6 months of age and older should get a flu vaccine every season.
12/4/2017 11:28:00 AM
Support for local businesses
The Central Coast Recycling Market Development Zone (CCRMDZ) program can provide attractive, low interest rate loans, technical assistance and free product marketing to businesses located in the Monterey, Santa Cruz, San Benito, and San Luis Obispo Cities and Counties that use materials from the waste stream to manufacture their products. For additional information, contact us at (831) 755-4505.
Latest Program Updates
Latest Program News...
- On January 2, 2017, the Department authorized staff to initiate a new Recycling Market Development Zone (RMDZ) Designation Cycle in 2017 to add new RMDZs.
- The next Zone Works training workshop is scheduled for June 21-22, 2017 in Sacramento. For information contact Frank Severson.
- The RMDZ CEQA Tool Kit is a series of web pages designed to guide a potential or existing zone through the CEQA process.
- Loan Interest Rate: 4.0 percent.
- Available Loan Funds: $6,945,000 as of January 25, 2017.