HOW DO I?
10:00 AMMonterey County Collaborates
Illegal Grease Dump found on Lapis Road
On Thursday, April 12, 2017, a team from Monterey County Health Department’s Environmental Health Bureau responded to a report of two 55- gallon drums disposed on Lapis Road in Marina. It appears the drums contained kitchen grease and the contents had spilled onto the ground. The drums did not have lids. This may be the fourth such disposal of kitchen grease on Lapis Road.
South County Enviornmental Compliance Workshop
The Monterey County Health Department, Environmental Health Bureau is presenting the 18th Annual South County Environmental Compliance Workshop “Monterey County Hazardous Materials Management Service Update”. The workshop is free to all businesses, government agencies, and members of the public, and will focus on current environmental issues such as Agricultural Technology and Safety, Surviving your Hazardous Materials and Hazardous Waste Inspection, Water Well Program Update, Septic Systems and the new LAMP, CERS Update, Air District Update, PG&E Dig Safely and the Solid Waste Voucher Program.
Monterey County Announces Temporary Closure of Red Barn Flea Market
Effective the morning of April 15, 2018, the Red Barn Flea Market will be closed pending a hearing on Monterey County’s application for an appointment of a receiver, a neutral third party, to operate the flea market and bring the property into compliance with state law and County code. A hearing on that application is scheduled for April 27, 2018 in Monterey County Superior Court.
4/11/2018 1:01:00 PM
Multi-family residential complexes should contact Monterey County Recycling Services to schedule a FREE waste assessment. Recycling Services staff will review what is currently going in to your garbage, help you find ways to divert recyclable materials, and provide you with service level recommendations to ensure your business is equipped with the proper garbage, recycling and yard waste collection service. Service level adjustments may also lead to a reduction in disposal costs. Recycling Services may be reached at (831) 755-4505
Services Included in Rate (check with provider to confirm):
- New, color-coded carts or freshly painted and refurbished bins for garbage, recyclables and yard waste collection
- Cart Service: Your choice of (1) 64g or (1) 96g recyclables cart
- Bin Service: Up to one-half of the customer's subscribed garbage capacity in recyclables capacity
- One (1) free on-call collection (see service description below) per calendar year
- Holiday tree collection
- Personalized customer outreach including periodic waste assessments and distribution of educational materials to help customers to recycle more and save money
* Cart collection service rates are monthly, based on one (1) time per week colleciton.
* Bin Collection service rates are monthly, based on indicated collection frequency.
* Non-compacted and compacted box collection service rates are weekly, based on the indicated frequency.