HOW DO I?
10:00 AMMonterey County Collaborates
9:00 AMCiclovia Salinas
Halloween Safety Tips
Halloween is an exciting time of year for kids. Here are some tips from the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) to help ensure they have a safe holiday.
10/20/2017 2:54:00 PM
Recent Cannabis Raid a Reminder that Unpermitted Growing Operations are Illegal
A recent multi-agency raid on multiple illegal cannabis growing operations in south Monterey County is a reminder that there are restrictions on cultivating cannabis in Monterey County. Engaging in cannabis-related activity in violation of County laws is subject to law enforcement action.
10/16/2017 9:43:00 AM
Health Officials Encourage Public to Get Vaccinated Early in the Season
Public Health Departments around the Bay Area are announcing that influenza season is beginning. Because the flu is unpredictable and the vaccine takes two weeks to become fully effective, Monterey County health officials urge everyone six months and older to get vaccinated early in the season. It’s important to get vaccinated prior to the circulation of influenza in your community.
10/2/2017 9:00:00 AM
Multi-family residential complexes should contact Monterey County Recycling Services to schedule a FREE waste assessment. Recycling Services staff will review what is currently going in to your garbage, help you find ways to divert recyclable materials, and provide you with service level recommendations to ensure your business is equipped with the proper garbage, recycling and yard waste collection service. Service level adjustments may also lead to a reduction in disposal costs. Recycling Services may be reached at (831) 755-4505
Services Included in Rate (check with provider to confirm):
- New, color-coded carts or freshly painted and refurbished bins for garbage, recyclables and yard waste collection
- Cart Service: Your choice of (1) 64g or (1) 96g recyclables cart
- Bin Service: Up to one-half of the customer's subscribed garbage capacity in recyclables capacity
- One (1) free on-call collection (see service description below) per calendar year
- Holiday tree collection
- Personalized customer outreach including periodic waste assessments and distribution of educational materials to help customers to recycle more and save money
* Cart collection service rates are monthly, based on one (1) time per week colleciton.
* Bin Collection service rates are monthly, based on indicated collection frequency.
* Non-compacted and compacted box collection service rates are weekly, based on the indicated frequency.