HOW DO I?
12:30 PMSummer Art Show
5:00 PMNational Night Out
Beach Advisories: Monterey Municipal Beach, Asilomar State Beach, and Carmel Beach at Ocean Ave
Monterey Municipal Beach, Asilomar State Beach, and Carmel Beach at Ocean Ave have been posted with an advisory due to high indicator bacteria found in samples taken 08/13/2018. The beach will remain posted until samples indicate that indicator bacteria are at a safe level for recreational water contact according to state guidelines.
8/14/2018 3:36:00 PM
Vaccinating on Time is Important for Disease Protection
Parents agree feeding and sleep schedules are important to help keep their children healthy. The same goes for childhood immunizations. Vaccinating children on time is the best way to protect them from 14 serious and potentially deadly diseases before their second birthday.
Monterey County Health Department Clinics Celebrate National Health Center Week 2018
Monterey County Health Department Clinics are celebrating Seaside Family Health Center’s 25 years of service as part of National Health Center Week 2018. The celebration is part of a national campaign during the week of August 12th-18h to raise awareness about the mission and accomplishments of America’s Health Centers and the dedicated staff who bring health care to the medically underserved
Special Events Waste Diversion for Monterey County
Each year, Monterey County hosts a number of events that draw large crowds from all over the world, including the world famous MotoGP and Sea Otter Classic. Recycling Services requires that all special events submit a diversion plan.
Recycling Services assists event organizers to develop and implement their diversion plans to ensure the proper disposal of waste and to maximize the recycling of materials used at these events. The team also collaborates with Monterey County Parks Department, the hauler, custodial services, event volunteers, event organizers, vendors, attendees, and other staff to identify ways to increase diversion at special events.
A large event is defined as:
- Serves an average of more than 2,000 individuals per day of operation, and
- Charges an admission price or is run by a local agency.
To find an upcoming special event, please visit Monterey County Parks Department Event Calendar:
(click on image to visit site)
Policies and Procedures
- AB 939- requires local jurisdictions to meet 50% waste diversion mandate
- AB 341- requires commercial businesses to implement recycling
- AB2176- (AB 2176, Montanez, Chapter 879, Statutes of 2004), the large venues and large events recycling law, requires large venue facilities and large events (as defined by Public Resources Code 42648 (b) and (c)) in each city and county to plan for solid waste reduction and upon request, report information regarding their waste reduction efforts to their local jurisdiction
- Special Events Recycling Manual (Coming Soon!)
- Sample Diversion Plan