HOW DO I?
Low Cost Vaccination and Microchip Clinic
Monterey County Animal Services is hosting a Low-Cost Vaccine and Microchip Clinic on Sunday, May 14th from 10 am to 2 pm at the North Monterey County Recreation Park Facility in Castroville. This event is a great opportunity to take steps to keep your pet healthy and safe.
4/26/2017 4:44:00 PM
Monterey County Animal Control Program Advisory Board
Monterey County Animal Control Program Advisory Board will meet Thursday, April 27th at 3:30 pm at the Monterey County Animal Services Center located at 160 Hitchcock Road in Salinas
4/24/2017 11:15:32 AM
Taking Back Unwanted Drugs, Saturday, April 29, 2017
On Saturday, April 29, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. local law enforcement and the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) will give the public the opportunity to prevent pill abuse and theft by ridding their homes of potentially dangerous expired, unused, and unwanted prescription drugs.
4/17/2017 10:15:00 AM
Special Events Waste Diversion for Monterey County
Each year, Monterey County hosts a number of events that draw large crowds from all over the world, including the world famous MotoGP and Sea Otter Classic. Recycling Services requires that all special events submit a diversion plan.
Recycling Services assists event organizers to develop and implement their diversion plans to ensure the proper disposal of waste and to maximize the recycling of materials used at these events. The team also collaborates with Monterey County Parks Department, the hauler, custodial services, event volunteers, event organizers, vendors, attendees, and other staff to identify ways to increase diversion at special events.
A large event is defined as:
- Serves an average of more than 2,000 individuals per day of operation, and
- Charges an admission price or is run by a local agency.
To find an upcoming special event, please visit Monterey County Parks Department Event Calendar:
(click on image to visit site)
Policies and Procedures
- AB 939- requires local jurisdictions to meet 50% waste diversion mandate
- AB 341- requires commercial businesses to implement recycling
- AB2176- (AB 2176, Montanez, Chapter 879, Statutes of 2004), the large venues and large events recycling law, requires large venue facilities and large events (as defined by Public Resources Code 42648 (b) and (c)) in each city and county to plan for solid waste reduction and upon request, report information regarding their waste reduction efforts to their local jurisdiction
- Special Events Recycling Manual (Coming Soon!)
- Sample Diversion Plan