HOW DO I?
5:30 PMBoot Camp
8:00 AMSan Lucas Community Clean Up
Statement From FDA Commissioner Scott Gottlieb On Researching Medical Uses Of Cannabis
DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA: Over the past decade, we’ve seen a growing interest in the development of therapies derived from marijuana and its components.
7/19/2018 3:53:00 PM
Cannabis Cultivation Will Be A Race To The Bottom
The current “green rush” has brought with it an intense focus on large-scale cannabis cultivation. Across the United States and around the globe, we routinely hear stories of companies building larger and larger cannabis farms.
7/19/2018 10:18:00 AM
Home Invasion Robbery at a Cannabis Grow Site
This morning at 4:26 there was a robbery and home invasion. The incident took place at one of the marijuana growers located on the 23000 block of Potter Road.
7/14/2018 12:21:00 PM
ILLEGAL DUMPING IS EVERYONE’S PROBLEM
WHAT IS ILLEGAL DUMPING?
Illegal dumping is the disposal of solid waste (e.g. trash, rubbish, garbage) at a site other than a permitted disposal facility, such as a landfill or transfer station.
REPORT ILLEGAL DUMPING
You can help do your part to keep to your streets, neighborhood, and our environment clean and beautiful by reporting illegal dumping. Report Illegal Dumping Here.
DISPOSE & DIVERT WASTE
Learn how to properly dispose of materials. Learn About Proper Disposal Here
DONATE - REUSE- RECYCLE
Many items can be reused or recycled. Donations or recycling are great methods to make use of items that are still considered usable instead of tossing it into the garbage. Learn more Here!
Volunteering Opportunities &
Think locally and get involved!
Learn More About Available Clean-up Events and Opportunities and Hosting Your Own Clean-up Events by clicking here!
A HEALTH CONCERN FOR THE COMMUNITY
Littering and the illegal dumping of garbage, hazardous waste, and commonly used materials are a reoccurring problem that presents serious environmental and public health concerns for the residents of Monterey County, CA.
- It is not only an eyesore;
- It is a possible fire hazard, and
- May contain dangerous hazardous materials and chemicals;
- It is contaminating our environmental, our water sources, and our crops;
- It threatens human health and safety by attracting and harboring disease transmitting vectors (mosquitoes, rats, and flies);
- It negatively impacts growers and public agencies that work to clean these sites; and
- It is a huge cost to all the taxpayers, Monterey County, and our partners to investigate the dump site and mitigate clean-up.
PENALTIES FOR ILLEGAL DUMPING OFFENDERSIllegal Dumping is a serious offense and is in violation of California Law and the Monterey County Code.
- Penalties for first offenses range from $250 – $1000 per offense.
- Penalties for repeat offenders may result in further fines and/or enforcement actions.