HOW DO I?
CDPH Issues Guidelines on How to Reduce Exposure to Radio Frequency Energy from Cell Phones
As smartphone use continues to increase in the U.S., especially among children, the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) today issued guidance for individuals and families who want to decrease their exposure to the radio frequency energy emitted from cell phones. Although the scientific community has not reached a consensus on the risks of cell phone use, research suggests long-term, high use may impact human health.
12/14/2017 2:28:50 PM
Winter Recess Closure List
Many Monterey County government offices will be closed or have limited hours of operation during a Winter Recess scheduled from December 26th- 29st. Check the department open/closed list for available services.
12/13/2017 4:06:00 PM
It's Not Too Late
It’s that time of year again. As family and friends are gathering for the holidays, flu activity is increasing. Now is a great time to get a flu vaccine if you have not gotten vaccinated yet. A flu vaccine can protect you and your loved ones. Everyone 6 months of age and older should get a flu vaccine every season.
12/4/2017 11:28:00 AM
Disposal Coupon Program
Coupon authorizes the free disposal of materials collected and delivered to the Monterey Peninsula Landfill (Marina), Johnson Canyon Landfill (Gonzales), Sun St. Transfer Station (Salinas), or Jolon Road Transfer Station (King City) during normal facility operating hours. The coupon is valid for one load only
For more information contact the Monterey County Health Department at (831)755-4505.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
The rules and regulations below are excerpts from the Clean Up Coordinator packet for the Disposal Coupon Program.
- Coupons can only be used for the following purposes:
- Public area community clean up events organized by non-profit organizations
- Illegal dump sites in Monterey County
- Each coupon may only be used for one (1) pickup truck/car load or trailer.
- Coupons expire 15 days after date of issue.
- Coupon recipients are limited to a maximum of 2 coupons per clean up site/event.
- All coupon recipients must abide by any applicable flow control provisions of the respective solid waste Joint Power Agencies (JPA).
- All coupon recipients must not infringe upon the franchise rights of any solid waste hauler.
- Areas served by the “Adopt-A-Highway” or “Adopt-A-Road” are not eligible for disposal coupon(s).
- Recipients of disposal coupons must redeem coupon(s) at scale houses
- Recipients must adhere to covering/tarping requirements.
- Recipients must complete the back side of the disposal coupon form including:
- Signature of authorized representative accepting provisions of legal statement
- Printed name of individual or organization
- Address of individual or organization
- Contact name of individual or organization
- Phone number, including area code, of contact
- Identification information, either driver’s license or other government issued, of contact
- License plate number of vehicle used to transport waste to disposal site
- Recipient must surrender coupon to scale house attendant at time of redemption