HOW DO I?
2:00 PMStop the Bleed
Illegal indoor cannabis operation shut down in Lompico
LOMPICO, Calif. — In a joint effort between the Santa Cruz County Sheriff’s Office, and the Cannabis Licensing Office, a large-scale illegal cannabis grow operation was dismantled in Lompico.
1/17/2019 8:43:06 AM
Locals Rule: New Locals Only Season Ticket at Laguna Seca
Locals can now find out why Weather Tech Raceway Laguna Seca is a local treasure as well as one of the world’s most iconic tracks, and they can do it for a lot less thanks to the creation of a locals only Season Ticket.
1/15/2019 3:03:00 PM
Monterey County Animal Control Program Advisory Board Meeting
The Monterey County Animal Control Program Advisory Board will meet Thursday, January 17th from 3:30 to 5 pm at Monterey County Animal Services Center, 160 Hitchcock Rd in Salinas.
1/11/2019 3:58:00 PM
Disposal Coupon Program
Coupon authorizes the free disposal of materials collected and delivered to the Monterey Peninsula Landfill (Marina), Johnson Canyon Landfill (Gonzales), Sun St. Transfer Station (Salinas), or Jolon Road Transfer Station (King City) during normal facility operating hours. The coupon is valid for one load only
For more information contact the Monterey County Health Department at (831)755-4505.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
The rules and regulations below are excerpts from the Clean Up Coordinator packet for the Disposal Coupon Program.
- Coupons can only be used for the following purposes:
- Public area community clean up events organized by non-profit organizations
- Illegal dump sites in Monterey County
- Each coupon may only be used for one (1) pickup truck/car load or trailer.
- Coupons expire 15 days after date of issue.
- Coupon recipients are limited to a maximum of 2 coupons per clean up site/event.
- All coupon recipients must abide by any applicable flow control provisions of the respective solid waste Joint Power Agencies (JPA).
- All coupon recipients must not infringe upon the franchise rights of any solid waste hauler.
- Areas served by the “Adopt-A-Highway” or “Adopt-A-Road” are not eligible for disposal coupon(s).
- Recipients of disposal coupons must redeem coupon(s) at scale houses
- Recipients must adhere to covering/tarping requirements.
- Recipients must complete the back side of the disposal coupon form including:
- Signature of authorized representative accepting provisions of legal statement
- Printed name of individual or organization
- Address of individual or organization
- Contact name of individual or organization
- Phone number, including area code, of contact
- Identification information, either driver’s license or other government issued, of contact
- License plate number of vehicle used to transport waste to disposal site
- Recipient must surrender coupon to scale house attendant at time of redemption