HOW DO I?
10:00 AMPostpartum Support Group
1:30 PMHearing to consider adoption of resolution to approve Amendment 8 to the Unified Franchise Agreement
6:00 PMPostpartum Support Group
Recall of Canned Fiesta Corn
Del Monte Foods Inc. announced a recall of 64,242 cases of FIESTA CORN Seasoned with Red & Green Peppers due to under-processing. These deviations were part of the commercial sterilization process and could result in contamination by spoilage organisms or pathogens, which could lead to life-threatening illness if consumed. It is important to note that there have been no reports of illness associated with these products to date. No other production codes or products are affected by this recall.
12/14/2018 5:00:00 PM
Monterey County cannabis workshop to center around energy needs, issues
SALINAS – A Cannabis Industry Public Workshop scheduled for next week aims to focus on issues in providing energy to businesses.
12/14/2018 11:02:26 AM
Cannabis summit to offer local history, black market enforcement panels – Monterey Herald
MONTEREY — Cannabis’ past, present and future in Monterey County from Big Sur “Holy Weed” to NASA zero gravity horticulture practices will be covered by a number of local and statewide industry experts at this week’s Monterey Cannabis Summit hosted by the Monterey County Cannabis Industry Association.
12/14/2018 11:00:14 AM
Sharps & Medication Disposal
If you generate sharps waste at home such as needles and syringes or have a collection of unused or expired medicines here is how you can dispose of these items safely.
Prepare sharps waste for safe storage, handling, and safe disposal.
- Obtain a sharps container from your local pharmacy or household hazardous waste (HHW) location.
- Discard all used or exposed needles, syringes, and lancets in the sharps container.
- When the sharps container is 2/3 full, dispose the container at an approved disposal location.
How to prepare unwanted medicines for disposal at Take-Back locations:
- Remove pills from original containers and place in a clear zipper bag. Keep liquids and creams in original containers.
- If using original containers, remove or black-out all personal information to protect identity.
- Then take your unused medications including liquids or creams to an approved disposal location!
For more information contact 755-4505
California Department of Public Health
National Pharmaceutical Take-Back Events by U.S. Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA)