HOW DO I?
9:00 AMCiclovia Salinas
10:00 AMPrescription Drug Take Back Day
Avoid spreading germs this Halloween
The ghosts, goblins and other assorted characters will be at your door on Halloween. The Monterey County Health Department and the Centers for Disease Control urge you to take steps to protect yourself and your family from the “germ monsters” lurking around this flu season.
Halloween Decorating Safety Tips
October brings time for pumpkin carving and decorating to celebrate Halloween. It is also a time of injuries including lacerations from pumpkin carving.
Halloween Safety Tips
Halloween is an exciting time of year for kids. Here are some tips from the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) to help ensure they have a safe holiday.
10/16/2018 2:54:00 PM
Sharps & Medication Disposal
If you generate sharps waste at home such as needles and syringes or have a collection of unused or expired medicines here is how you can dispose of these items safely.
Prepare sharps waste for safe storage, handling, and safe disposal.
- Obtain a sharps container from your local pharmacy or household hazardous waste (HHW) location.
- Discard all used or exposed needles, syringes, and lancets in the sharps container.
- When the sharps container is 2/3 full, dispose the container at an approved disposal location.
How to prepare unwanted medicines for disposal at Take-Back locations:
- Remove pills from original containers and place in a clear zipper bag. Keep liquids and creams in original containers.
- If using original containers, remove or black-out all personal information to protect identity.
- Then take your unused medications including liquids or creams to an approved disposal location!
For more information contact 755-4505
California Department of Public Health
National Pharmaceutical Take-Back Events by U.S. Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA)