HOW DO I?
10:00 AMMonterey County Collaborates
9:00 AMElkhorn Slough Cleanup
12:00 PMCE Opportunity: Stroke Mimics
Beach Advisory Lifted: Lovers Point Beach
Lovers Point Beach was posted with an advisory due to high indicator bacteria found in samples taken 4/22/2019. Follow up samples reveal that bacteria counts are at levels considered safe for recreational contact.
4/24/2019 2:17:00 PM
FDA: Be Aware of Potentially Dangerous Products That Claim to Treat Autism
Products or treatments claiming to cure autism are deceptive and misleading, because there is no cure for autism. The same is true of many products claiming to “treat” autism or autism-related symptoms. Some may carry significant health risks.
Monterey County launches countdown to 2020 Census
4/8/2019 10:20:52 AM
Sharps & Medication Disposal
If you generate sharps waste at home such as needles and syringes or have a collection of unused or expired medicines here is how you can dispose of these items safely.
Prepare sharps waste for safe storage, handling, and safe disposal.
- Obtain a sharps container from your local pharmacy or household hazardous waste (HHW) location.
- Discard all used or exposed needles, syringes, and lancets in the sharps container.
- When the sharps container is 2/3 full, dispose the container at an approved disposal location.
How to prepare unwanted medicines for disposal at Take-Back locations:
- Remove pills from original containers and place in a clear zipper bag. Keep liquids and creams in original containers.
- If using original containers, remove or black-out all personal information to protect identity.
- Then take your unused medications including liquids or creams to an approved disposal location!
For more information contact 755-4505
California Department of Public Health
National Pharmaceutical Take-Back Events by U.S. Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA)