HOW DO I?
- Safe Travels Via Salinas Grant to benefit 65+ population and Elementary Schools in Salinas
The Monterey County Health Department announced today that it has been awarded $130,000 as part of a Safe Travels Via Salinas grant from the California Office of Traffic Safety. This grant will bring pedestrian safety education to the 65+ population and bike education to schools in Salinas. The yearlong grant start date was on November 13, 2017 and will benefit three elementary schools in East Salinas – Bardin Elementary, Cesar E. Chavez, and Dr. Oscar F. Loya Elementary.
11/15/2017 3:54 PMdetail
- Sport-Harvested Mussel Quarantine Lifted along the California Coast
California Department of Public Health (CDPH) has lifted that the statewide annual quarantine on mussels taken by sport harvesters from California's ocean waters. Paralytic shellfish poisoning (PSP) toxins remain at low or undetectable levels along the entire coast. PSP is a form of nervous system poisoning. Concentrated levels of the toxins can develop in mussels and other bivalve shellfish when they feed on certain naturally occurring marine plankton that can increase during favorable environmental conditions.
- Feel Better Text Program
The Monterey County Health Department is excited to introduce the return of the Champions for Change Feel Better Mobile Text Program for Monterey County Residents. The text program helps the residents of Monterey County feel better one text at a time.
08/02/2017 3:51 PMdetail
- Monterey County Health Department awarded six million dollars for substance use disorder treatment and expansion of mental health services
No Zip Code Left Behind - The project will serve South Monterey County. Monterey County Health Department’s Behavioral Health Bureau has been awarded $6 million from the State of California Board of State and Community Corrections.
06/19/2017 10:42 AMdetail
- The California Endowment’s 2017 Arnold X. Perkins Award Winner: Monterey County Health Department
The Monterey County Health Department was selected as The California Endowment’s 2017 Arnold X. Perkins Award for Outstanding Health Equity Practice.
05/26/2017 3:53 PMdetail
- CalEPA Unified Program Surcharges
The proposed Unified Program Oversight, Underground Storage Tank and Refinery Safety surcharge amounts will become effective in May 2017, and shall be assessed and collected during the 2017/2018 fiscal year.
04/28/2017 4:31 PMdetail
- Consumers Warned Not to Use Certain Skin Creams Due to Possible Health Risk
The California Department of Public Health today warned consumers not to use certain skin creams that have tested positive for high levels of mercury. Mercury is a toxic chemical and regular or prolonged exposure can result in mercury poisoning.
- Affected by storm-related damages?
For those who have been affected by storm-related damages, the Monterey County Office of Emergency Services has a Disaster Resource Directory available online with information ranging from managing debris removal to replacing documents.
02/21/2017 11:47 AMdetail
- Meet the men and women behind lifesaving emergency medical services in Monterey County at the Emergency Medical Services Week Celebration May 20th in Salinas.
05/13/2015 8:20 AMdetail
- Make sure your child is safe in the car...
05/13/2015 8:17 AMdetail