HOW DO I?
8:00 AMAromas Clean Up
Contact: Kristy Michie, Program Manager, 831-755-4503
Monterey County HIV Resource Guide
Routine HIV Testing – Why Wait? Get Tested.
The CDC estimates that 1 in 5 people infected with HIV are unaware that they are infected…and 54% of new sexually transmitted HIV infections in the US originate from HIV-infected persons who are unaware of their infection.
CDC recommendations urge providers to include HIV testing as a routine part of health care for all patients 13 – 64 years of age regardless of their risk. Routine HIV testing ensures that:
- More people learn about their HIV infection
- Those who learn about their infection will benefit from earlier access to treatment
- There is a reduction in the risk of further transmitting HIV to others
HIV + Services
Taking the step to get in care can be challenging, but extremely helpful in managing HIV. No client will be denied services because of inability to pay. Please also refer to our resource guide for further information.
- OPIS Clinic – Part of Community Hospital of Monterey Peninsula, a comprehensive treatment program for those infected with HIV/AIDS; includes personal case management, medical treatment, and self-referred HIV testing and counseling.
- 23625 Holman Highway, Monterey, CA 93940
- (831) 625-4972
- NIDO Clinic - Administered by Natividad Medical Center, the clinic offers primary care for patients with HIV/AIDS, including personal care management, testing and treatment.
- 1441 Constitution Blvd., Bldg. 760, Salinas, CA 93906
- (831) 796-1770
- The Monterey County HIV Planning Group (MCHPG) is a group of service providers and concerned community members whose purpose is to identify local needs for HIV education and prevention, as well as care and treatment services.
- If you are interested in learning more about MCHPG or attending quarterly meetings, please contact Kristy Michie at 831-755-4503.
Follow us on Social Media!
Facebook: MCHD STD & HIV Prevention