HOW DO I?
2:00 PMStop the Bleed
PrEP is a powerful HIV prevention tool, and can be combined with condoms and other prevention methods to provide even greater protection than when used alone. People who use PrEP must commit to taking the drug daily and seeing their health care provider every 3 months for HIV testing and other follow-up.
While the Monterey County Health Department does not endorse specific medical providers or facilities, there are currently several medical providers in Monterey County who offer PrEP services. Their contact information is listed below. Please be advised that these are private facilities. They may not accept all insurances, and payment for uncovered services will likely be expected. Not all providers at the clinics below offer PrEP services; please request the physicians listed below. Please contact the facility directly to make an appointment and discuss payment options.
- Planned Parenthood Mar Monte – Seaside Office, 625 Hilby Ave., Seaside, CA 93955, 831-394-1619
- Planned Parenthood Mar Monte – Salinas Office, 316 North Main St., Salinas 93901, 831-758-8261
- Martha Blum, MD, Peninsula Primary Care, 275 The Crossroads, Suite A, Carmel, CA 93923, Phone (831) 718-9701
- Jose Pauda, MD, Costa Central Medical Group, 323 N Sanborn Rd., Salinas, 93905 Phone (831) 751-6200
- Stephen Saglio, MD, Valle Verde Medical Group, 1332 Natividad Rd., #C, Salinas, CA 93906, Phone (831) 754-1544
For a directory of other PrEP providers, visit Please Prep Me.
For more information please read, The Questions about PrEP.