About Monterey County RMA
The Resource Management Agency brings together a range of Land Use functions, including Building Services, Environmental Services, Planning Department and Public Works to ensure safe building construction, plan for the future needs of the County, manage infrastructure and county facilities, and protect natural resources. Divisions within the RMA include:
- Administration - Provides management oversight for land use functions within the RMA and coordinates with outside agencies. Also, provides services that support RMA operations (Finance, HR, Risk, IS) management.
- Land Use - Comprised of the following departments:
- Building Services - Provides plan check and inspection services. Also, manages code compliance activities.
- Planning Services - Provides land use permit services. Also, manages the County's land use policies and regulations.
- Environmental Services - Provides oversight of grading, erosion control, and stormwater management.
- Parks - Dedicated to providing quality recreational facilities for everyone that visits our parks.
- Public Works - Maintains the County's infrastructure including roads, bridges and County facilities.