Resource Management Agency
Although every effort is made to provide complete and accurate information on this website and all its documents, users are advised to contact applicable County Resource Management Agency staff before making project decisions and fee estimates.
The Resource Management Agency brings together a range of functions, including Building Services, Planning, and Public Works to ensure safe building construction, plan for the future needs of the County, manage infrastructure and county facilities, and protect natural resources.
- Administration - Provides management oversight for land use functions within the RMA and coordinates with outside agencies. Also, provides services that support RMA operations (Finance, HR, Risk, IS) management.
Carl P. Holm, AICP - Director RMA
John P. Guertin - Acting Deputy Director RMA
Freda Escobar - Permit Coordination Manager
Melanie Beretti - Program Manager
- Building Services - Provides plan check and inspection services. Also, manages code compliance activities.
Daniel Dobrilovic - Acting Chief Building Official
- Planning Services - Provide land use permit services. Also, manages the County's land use policies and regulations.
Carl P. Holm, AICP - Director of Planning
- Public Works - Maintains the County's infrastructure including roads, bridges and County facilities.
Benny Young - Interim Director of Public Works and Facilities
Enrique M. Saavedra - Acting Assistant Director of Public Works
- Environmental Services
Tom Moss - Senior Water Resources Hydrologist
The Vision of the Monterey County Resource Management Agency is to enhance the quality of life and economic health of the community by providing responsive, efficient, and high quality public services and to promote good stewardship of natural and man-made resources.
- Honesty, hard work, and ethical behavior
- Transparency and Accountability
- Communication and Coordination with the public and partner agencies
- Empower staff and recognize superior performance
- Equitable treatment and respect of all constituents
- Excellence in service delivery