About Monterey County RMA
The Resource Management Agency brings together a range of Land Use functions, including Building Services, Environmental Services, Planning Department and Public Works to ensure safe building construction, plan for the future needs of the County, manage infrastructure and county facilities, and protect natural resources. Divisions within the RMA include:
Land Use & Community Development Division - Provides management oversight for land use functions within the RMA and coordinates with outside agencies. Includes Building Services, Planning, Permit Center, Development Services, County Surveyor, Environmental Services, Special Programs, Code Compliance, Park Planning.
- Development Services- Provides plan check and inspection services. Also, manages code compliance activities.
- Building Services - Provides plan check and inspection services. Also, manages code compliance activities.
- Environmental Services - Provides oversight of grading, erosion control, and stormwater management.
- Planning - Provides land use permit services and manages the County's land use policies and regulations.
- Park Planning – Provides planning services for County Park facilities.
- Special Programs – Manages large complex projects and programs, including matters related to Fort Ord and Carmel River/Lagoon.
- Permit Center – Manages front counter operations, including permit processing. Provides general support services (reception, call center, cashier, records, scanning). Also lead for special event permits.
- Code Compliance - Manages code compliance activities relative to land use and public works.
- Public Works & Facilities Division - Maintains the County's infrastructure including roads, bridges, County facilities and Parks.
- Public Works - Manages capital projects for infrastructure (roads and bridges). Include engineering services.
- Facilities – Manages capital projects for County facilities and operations.
- Parks Operations - Manages County park facilities and operations.
- Administrative Services Division- Provides services that support RMA operations.
- Finance - Manages RMA budget.
- Safety & Risk Management – Provides training for and oversight of safety regulations. Manages claims for RMA
- Contracts Management/Grant Admin/CIP - Manages code compliance activities relative to land use and public works.
- Information Technology - Manages technology services for RMA.
- Community Service Areas/County Service Districts & Disposal Sites - Manages County’s service areas and special districts.
- Real Property – Provides real property services for County.
- Human Resources – Coordinates with County HR on matters related to RMA.