- Beach Closure Lifted: MacAbee Beach
The closure of MacAbee Beach in Monterey has been lifted. The beach was posted due to a report to Monterey County Health Department's Environmental Health Bureau that sewage had spilled into the bay. Samples taken on August 14, 2017 reveal indicator bacteria levels considered safe for recreational contact.
08/15/2017 2:36 PMdetail
- Increasing Adolescent Immunization Coverage
What are the nation’s experts saying to their patients about HPV vaccination? Three providers—a pediatrician, an OB-GYN, and a head and neck surgeon—outline the importance of vaccinating 11- and 12-year-olds against HPV cancers in a newly released e-learning module.
- There are Many Things We Want to Pass to Our Loved Ones - Illness is Not One of Them
You want to pass on certain things like family traditions, a grandmother’s quilt or dad’s love of books – but no one wants to pass on a serious illness. Take charge of your health and help protect those around you by asking about vaccines at your next doctor’s visit.
- Feel Better Text Program
The Monterey County Health Department is excited to introduce the return of the Champions for Change Feel Better Mobile Text Program for Monterey County Residents. The text program helps the residents of Monterey County feel better one text at a time.
08/02/2017 3:51 PMdetail
- Pregnant Women Urged to Avoid Going to Areas with Zika Risk
The California Department of Public Health (CDPH) advises pregnant women, and men and women of child bearing age, not to go to areas with Zika. If they must go to places with known transmission of the Zika virus, CDPH recommends they protect themselves against sexual transmission of Zika and take steps to prevent mosquito bites.
07/28/2017 3:01 PMdetail
- New expanded Monterey County Health Department Clinic to open
The Monterey County Health Department’s Clinic Services Bureau Seaside Family Health Center officially opens its new building on Monday, July 3rd. The new clinic is located behind the current clinic at 1150 Fremont Boulevard, at 1156 Fremont Boulevard.
- Monterey County Health Department awarded six million dollars for substance use disorder treatment and expansion of mental health services
No Zip Code Left Behind - The project will serve South Monterey County. Monterey County Health Department’s Behavioral Health Bureau has been awarded $6 million from the State of California Board of State and Community Corrections.
06/19/2017 10:42 AMdetail
- The Bradley Branch of Monterey County Free Libraries (MCFL) will be closing at its current location effective June 16, 2017
The branch will remain closed until a new facility is secured to operate the library.
06/07/2017 1:42 PMdetail
- The California Endowment’s 2017 Arnold X. Perkins Award Winner: Monterey County Health Department
The Monterey County Health Department was selected as The California Endowment’s 2017 Arnold X. Perkins Award for Outstanding Health Equity Practice.
05/26/2017 3:53 PMdetail