- Monterey County Health Department awarded grant funds for active transportation programs
Monterey County Health Department has been awarded a two-year Active Transportation Program grant from CalTrans to improve the safety of the streets in Monterey County and encourage the use of active modes of transport. The $964,000 grant will begin July 1, 2018.
01/04/2018 1:00 PMdetail
- Celebrating Monterey County Public Art Exhibit kick off 12/5
The new public art exhibit at the Monterey County Government Center Administration Building will have its kick off Tuesday, December 5th.
- Delay in Implementation of Monterey County Safe Parking Program
The Safe Parking Program planned to open on Friday, December 1st at 2616 First Avenue in Marina has been delayed. This delay will allow for more time to continue discussions with the surrounding community and work through contracting issues with the service provider.
11/30/2017 4:08 PMdetail
- Safe Travels Via Salinas Grant to benefit 65+ population and Elementary Schools in Salinas
The Monterey County Health Department announced today that it has been awarded $130,000 as part of a Safe Travels Via Salinas grant from the California Office of Traffic Safety. This grant will bring pedestrian safety education to the 65+ population and bike education to schools in Salinas. The yearlong grant start date was on November 13, 2017 and will benefit three elementary schools in East Salinas – Bardin Elementary, Cesar E. Chavez, and Dr. Oscar F. Loya Elementary.
11/15/2017 3:54 PMdetail
- CANDIDATE SEMINAR Statewide Direct Primary Election June 5, 2018
The Monterey County Elections Department is hosting a Candidate Seminar for the upcoming June 5, 2018 Statewide Direct Primary Election. The event will take place on Friday, December 8, 2017 from 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. at the Government Center, Cayenne Room, located at 1441 Schilling Place – North Building, Salinas. Reserve your seat via email to CandidateServices@co.monterey.ca.us or call (831)796-1499.
10/30/2017 3:46 PMdetail
- Recent Cannabis Raid a Reminder that Unpermitted Growing Operations are Illegal
A recent multi-agency raid on multiple illegal cannabis growing operations in south Monterey County is a reminder that there are restrictions on cultivating cannabis in Monterey County. Engaging in cannabis-related activity in violation of County laws is subject to law enforcement action.
10/16/2017 9:43 AMdetail
- We sprang a leak!
The Carmel Valley Branch will be closed until Tuesday, September 12th for unexpected facility repairs.
09/06/2017 8:31 AMdetail
- Feel Better Text Program
The Monterey County Health Department is excited to introduce the return of the Champions for Change Feel Better Mobile Text Program for Monterey County Residents. The text program helps the residents of Monterey County feel better one text at a time.
08/02/2017 3:51 PMdetail
- Monterey County Health Department awarded six million dollars for substance use disorder treatment and expansion of mental health services
No Zip Code Left Behind - The project will serve South Monterey County. Monterey County Health Department’s Behavioral Health Bureau has been awarded $6 million from the State of California Board of State and Community Corrections.
06/19/2017 10:42 AMdetail
- The Bradley Branch of Monterey County Free Libraries (MCFL) will be closing at its current location effective June 16, 2017
The branch will remain closed until a new facility is secured to operate the library.
06/07/2017 1:42 PMdetail
- The California Endowment’s 2017 Arnold X. Perkins Award Winner: Monterey County Health Department
The Monterey County Health Department was selected as The California Endowment’s 2017 Arnold X. Perkins Award for Outstanding Health Equity Practice.
05/26/2017 3:53 PMdetail
- Memorial Day Weekend Events
05/19/2017 1:35 PMdetail
- Monterey County Permit Center Introduces Line Management Technology
In a continuing effort to reduce wait times and improve the customer experience, the Resource Management Agency’s Permit Center has implemented a new line-management technology known as QLess. Using QLess, customers can schedule appointments or join a virtual queue from on-site kiosks, the RMA’s website, or from their mobile phones via text message or app.
04/11/2017 4:54 PMdetail
- South County Building Inspections
After many years of scheduling building inspections in Southern Monterey County on Fridays, we are increasing our days of service to accommodate requests from south county residents in both inland and coastal regions.
04/06/2017 8:44 AMdetail
- Economic Development Department (EDD) Moving to a New Location
03/31/2017 11:09 AMdetail
- Affected by storm-related damages?
For those who have been affected by storm-related damages, the Monterey County Office of Emergency Services has a Disaster Resource Directory available online with information ranging from managing debris removal to replacing documents.
02/21/2017 11:47 AMdetail
- County to consider amendments to Condition of Approval and Mitigation Monitoring and Reporting Program
02/03/2017 3:19 PMdetail
- CalWORKs Housing Support Program (HSP)
06/07/2016 1:58 PMdetail
- The Monterey County Free Libraries is extending the closure of the Big Sur Library due to deteriorating building conditions and planned structural repairs.
02/29/2016 4:53 PMdetail
- Presentations from the Sustainable Groundwater Management workshop are available for review on the Intergovernmental and Legislative Affairs webpage
01/25/2016 2:07 PMdetail