- America’s Teenagers Are Quickly Becoming the Next Generation of Smokers
Emerging tobacco products are threatening decades of progress in public health. At the forefront is a relatively new and non-traditional electronic cigarette (e-cigarette), JUUL, which has become increasingly popular among youth and young adults and has quickly become the top-selling e-cigarette on the market.
06/21/2018 12:47 PMdetail
- Kellogg Company recalls Honey Smacks cereal due to possible health risk
Kellogg Company has issued a recall for 15.3 oz. and 23 oz. packages of Kellogg’s ® Honey Smacks ® cereal (with code dates listed below) because these products have the potential presence of Salmonella. No other Kellogg products are impacted by this recall.
- Monterey County Health Department receives National Accredtiation
Monterey County Health Department announced today that it has achieved national accreditation through the Public Health Accreditation Board (PHAB). Monterey County Health Department is now one of 226 state and local health departments that have achieved accreditation through the national effort that launched in 2011. Only 11 of these are located in California.
05/23/2018 4:06 PMdetail
- 7 things you should know to get ready to vote in 2018. Remember to vote on June 5, 2018. 7 cosas que debes saber para prepararte para votar en el 2018.Recuerda votar el 5 de junio de 2018.
05/16/2018 3:57 PMdetail
- Monterey County announces a settlement regarding Measure Z.
Monterey County has reached a settlement agreement with the plaintiffs who sued to halt the implementation of the initiative known as Measure Z.
05/15/2018 3:16 PMdetail
- Monterey County's new food inspection app
The Monterey County Health Department Environmental Health Bureau announces the release of a new phone application “MC Food Inspection Findings” available for public use. The new app assists the public in making informed decisions when seeking restaurants and food facilities that meet or exceed food safety standards.
- Approval received for Local Agency Management Program for Onsite Wastewater Treatment Systems
The Monterey County Health Department, Environmental Health Bureau (EHB), has received approval of their Local Agency Management Program (LAMP) for Onsite Wastewater Treatment Systems (OWTS, also called septic systems). The LAMP details new regulations and site evaluation requirements that will be applied to any OWTS (septic system) permit issued on or after May 11, 2018.
- Get ready to vote!
Verify your voter status, request a vote-by-mail ballot and view your voter guide at www.MontereyCountyElections.us.
05/10/2018 8:00 AMdetail
- Vote early at the New Elections office 1441 Schilling Place
05/10/2018 8:00 AMdetail
- 2017-2018 Investigation Statement by Michael Petrie, EMS Bureau Chief/EMS Director to the Monterey County Emergency Medical Care Committee
- Monterey County Supervisor Mary Adams will host a community meeting for residents about the Highway 1 Climbing Lane Project on May 8th.
05/03/2018 12:40 PMdetail
- Monterey County is joining the state and national fight against the opioid epidemic.
05/03/2018 12:38 PMdetail
- The Farmworker Housing Study and Action Plan for Salinas Valley and Pajaro Valley has been released.
05/03/2018 11:03 AMdetail
- A long awaited crosswalk project in Castroville will be completed this week and efforts will culminate with a ceremonial crossing at the corner of State Route 183 (Merritt Street) and Crane Street on Friday, May 4th at Noon.
05/02/2018 1:04 PMdetail
- Monterey County Added as Co-Plaintiff in Census Lawsuit
Monterey County has joined as a co-plaintiff a lawsuit to block the Trump Administration from demanding citizenship Info In 2020 Census.
05/02/2018 8:45 AMdetail
- Monterey County Announces Temporary Closure of Red Barn Flea Market
Effective the morning of April 15, 2018, the Red Barn Flea Market will be closed pending a hearing on Monterey County’s application for an appointment of a receiver, a neutral third party, to operate the flea market and bring the property into compliance with state law and County code. A hearing on that application is scheduled for April 27, 2018 in Monterey County Superior Court.
04/11/2018 1:01 PMdetail
- FDA Orders Mandatory Recall for Kratom Products Due to Risk of Salmonella
U.S. Food and Drug Administration announced it has issued a mandatory recall order for all food products containing powdered kratom manufactured, processed, packed, or held by Triangle Pharmanaturals LLC, after several were found to contain salmonella. The agency took this action after the company failed to cooperate with the FDA’s request to conduct a voluntary recall. This is the first time the agency has issued a mandatory recall order to protect Americans from contaminated food products.
04/04/2018 10:29 AMdetail
- Monterey County Supervisors announce the selection of Henry Gonzales as Monterey County Agricultural Commissioner
The Monterey County Board of Supervisors announces the selection of Mr. Henry Gonzales as Monterey County Agricultural Commissioner.
03/13/2018 4:58 PMdetail
- The Monterey County One-Stop Career Center is offering paid work experience to local residents.
As part of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA), the One-Stop Career Center in Monterey County is offering paid work experience to local Monterey County residents who are out of school, between the ages of 18-24.
03/13/2018 10:17 AMdetail
- County Supervisors to Hold Community Forums on Cannabis Tax Revenue
County Supervisors to Hold Community Forums on Cannabis Tax Revenue
03/07/2018 11:54 AMdetail