The Monterey County Parks Department offers live-on volunteer opportunities for individuals and couples who wish to donate their time and talent to the parks system.
Live-On Volunteers must donate:
• 24 hours per week (30-40 hours per couple) of scheduled duties in exchange for a free campsite and utilities for a motor home or trailer.
• Duties may include general clean-up, entry station operation, campground host and a variety of other assignments.
• Applicants must commit to three month period of time.
• Maximum stay is six months.
• Volunteers must be prepared to work weekends and special events.
Procedures for Volunteer Applicants:
Complete and submit application form to:
Monterey County Parks Department
P. O. Box 5249
Salinas, CA 93915-5249
Volunteers must provide a current DMV printout showing their driving record for the current year with their application.