MONTEREY COUNTY ZONING
COASTAL IMPLEMENTATION PLAN - TITLE 20
20.42 – B DISTRICT
The purpose of this Chapter is to provide a district which by specific designation on a Sectional District Map will establish specific regulations for lot size and structure setbacks. Further this district provides a manner in which areas of approved subdivisions and areas impacted by public facility constraints may be identified.
The regulations set forth in this Chapter shall apply in all districts which are combined with such "B" District and shall be applied in lieu of the building site area and setbacks in the combined district, except that in no case shall setback requirements be less than specified in "MDR" Districts, and shall be subject to the provisions of Chapter 20.62 (Height and Setback Exceptions) of this Title.
20.42.030 BUILDING SITE AREA AND SETBACKS.
E. B-5 Minimum lot size as specified on the Sectional District Maps designating any such district. Setbacks shall not be less than those required under the "B-4" regulations.
F. B-6 1. The lots shown on the recorded Final Map or Parcel Map may not be further subdivided. Lot line adjustments may be allowed. Lot line adjustments which reduce the size of a lot shall require a Coastal Administrative Permit. Adjustments of equal areas between lots do not require a Variance.
2. Setbacks to be not less than "B-4" regulations, unless otherwise indicated on the final map or parcel map or Sectional District Maps.
G. B-7 1. The lots as shown on the recorded Final Map or Parcel Map may not be further subdivided unless the lots are first reclassified from the "B-7" district. Lot line adjustments may be allowed. Lot line adjustments which reduce the size of a lot shall require a Coastal Administrative Permit. Adjustments of equal area between lots do not require a Variance.
2. Setbacks to be not less than "B-4" regulations unless otherwise indicated on the recorded final map or parcel map;
3. Reclassification from "B-7" zoning to allow further subdivision may be considered when the applicant demonstrates to the satisfaction of the Board of Supervisors that he has met minimum requirements in respect to water supply, drainage, sewage disposal, parcel size and design, and traffic circulation for the total area included in the "B-7" district, created as a result of the subdivision of which the lot is a part. Upon application for a land division, the applicant shall provide appropriate copies illustrating the aforementioned information.
H. B-8 1. The purpose of the "B-8" Zoning District is to restrict development and/or intensification of land use in areas where, due to water supply, water quality, sewage disposal capabilities, traffic impacts or similar measurable public facility type constraints, additional development and/or intensification of land use is found to be detrimental to the health, safety, and welfare of the residents of the area, or the County as a whole;
or the purpose of this Section "intensification" means the change in the use of a building site which increases the demand on the constraint(s) which caused the "B-8" District to be applied over that use existing at that time the "B-8" dsitrict is applied to the property. The "B-8" district does not affect construction of the first single family dwelling on a building site, additions to dwellings, guesthouses, non-habitable structures accessory to a dwelling use, or addition and/or expansion of existing commercial uses where such addition and/or expansion can be found to not adversely affect the constraints which caused the "B-8" district to be applied to the property;
2. The minimum building site shall be at that which is recognized as an existing legal lot at the time the "B-8" Zoning District is imposed on the property, or lots that are created by minor or standard subdivision for which an application was received by the Monterey County Planning Department prior to the imposition of the "B-8" Zoning District on the property;
3. Setbacks to be not less than "B-4" regulations unless otherwise indicated on parcel maps, final maps, or Sectional District Maps;
4. Reclassification of an area from "B-8" zoning may be considered when the constraints existing at the time of placing "B-8" zoning on the area zoned "B-8" no longer exist and additional development and/or intensification of land use will not be detrimental to the health, safety, and welfare of the residents of the area, or the County as a whole.