MONTEREY COUNTY ZONING
COASTAL IMPLEMENTATION PLAN - TITLE 20
20.64 – SPECIAL REGULATIONS
20.64.050 REGULATIONS FOR MOBILEHOMES EXISTING WITH DISCRETIONARY PERMITS.
A. Purpose: The purpose of this Section is to establish the regulations for the continuing use of mobilehomes which were established with Discretionary Permits.
B. Applicability: The regulations of this Section are applicable to those mobilehomes which were placed in use pursuant to a Discretionary Permit. This Section does not apply to mobilehomes established by Discretionary Permit for use in a labor camp, farm labor housing or similar facility.
C. Regulations: Mobilehomes existing with Discretionary Permits are subject to the following regulations:
1. A Coastal Development Permit may be filed for the continuing use of a mobilehome as living quarters, for which a prior Discretionary Permit was granted prior to the time the provisions of this Section became applicable to the property. A Coastal Development Permit may be granted, providing application is made not less than 90 days prior to expiration of the Discretionary Permit, and providing all conditions of the Discretionary Permit have been continually met.
2. Mobilehomes existing with a Discretionary Permit may be converted to a former obilehome without benefit of a Coastal Administrative Permit or Coastal Development Permit.
3. Mobilehomes existing with a Discretionary Permit may be added to, provided the mobilehome and addition are placed on a permanent foundation. No additional Coastal Development Permit or Coastal Administrative Permit is required provided one is not otherwise required pursuant to Chapter 20.70 of this Title.
4. Mobilehomes existing with a Discretionary Permit may be replaced with another mobilehome of similar size in essentially the same location without an additional Coastal Administrative Permit, Coastal Development Permit or placement on a permanent foundation. The new mobilehome is subject to the same Discretionary Permit conditions as the mobilehome being replaced.
5. Mobilehomes which were established with benefit of a discretionary permit which has subsequently expired shall be considered to be a legal nonconforming use and shall be subject to the provisions of Chapter 20.68 of this Title.