MONTEREY COUNTY ZONING
COASTAL IMPLEMENTATION PLAN - TITLE 20
20.64 – SPECIAL REGULATIONS
20.64.090 REGULATIONS FOR HOME OCCUPATIONS.
A. Purpose: The purpose of this Section is to establish the regulations, standards and circumstances under which businesses of limited scale and impact may be established in residences.
B. Applicability: The provisions of this Section are applicable in all areas of the county.
C. Regulations: Home occupations may be conducted in any zoning district which allows residential use.
1. Home occupations are limited to those occupations using facilities, equipment and materials normally found in the home and within accessory structures, including but not limited to typing, seamstress or tailoring, computerized data processing, ceramics, music and instrument lessons, and lawn mower repair which do not interfere with the use or appearance of the home as a residence or the aesthetic character of the district.
2. No persons other than the resident and immediate family residing on site may be employed in the home occupation.
3. All facets of the home occupation must be contained in the residence or inside structures on-site that are otherwise considered to be accessory structures to a residence.
4. There shall be no production of noxious or toxic odors or fumes, nor increase in numbers or duration of noise or traffic levels above those of ordinary residential use; nor use, storage, or disposal of materials of a nature or quantity not ordinarily found in residential neighborhoods, which have the potential to endanger the health, safety, or peaceful enjoyment of their property or neighborhood residence, or to constitute a hazard to their environment.
5. There shall be no advertising for the home occupation allowed on the property.
D. Modification to the application of the provisions of Section 20.64.090 C of this Chapter may be considered by a Coastal Administrative Permit.