(adopted by Board of Supervisors August 29,
Complete Board Order Resolution July 10, 2013)
The Director of Planning may waive application
and appeal fees for discretionary permit applications
1. Small day care centers (less than twelve children).
2. Inclusionary portions of proposed residential developments.
3. Special Handling affordable housing projects, as detailed in the
adopted Special Handling criteria (25% affordable housing). Amount of fees
waived is based on the percentage of affordable housing provided, and may
include additional fees beyond the original application fees.
4. Persons age 62 or over on a fixed, very low income as defined by
Housing and Urban Development.
5. Reclassification applications to bring property into consistency with
existing General Plan land use designations.
6. County or other government agencies.
7. Permit fees for the repair or reconstruction of property and structures
damaged or destroyed by an act or event that has been declared a disaster
by the Board of Supervisors where insurance is inadequate to pay the
8. Development, enhancement, expansion or modification of needed community
facilities by non-profit organizations and community groups meeting the
a. The proposed project is available for use by the general public; and
b. Provides a scope of benefit beyond the residents of the immediate
c. Is of obvious public benefit. Evidence of
public benefit includes, but not
limited to, projects
i Meet a public need previously identified or recognized by the Board
ii. Provide a public facility not presently available in the community;
iii. Have generated obvious, substantial community support; or,
iv. Would either reduce County costs or increase County revenue.
9. General Plan amendments for parcels with inappropriate or inaccurate
land use designations provided the property has been field checked and
verified that it is inaccurately or inappropriately designated.
Requests Not Conforming to Policy:
The Planning Commission shall consider all requests for fee waivers not
meeting the above criteria.
Appeal of Director’s Decision:
The Planning Commission shall consider all appeals of decisions of the
Director on fee waiver requests.
Download Fee Waiver Procedure
Download Fee Waiver Request Form