- Statement From FDA Commissioner Scott Gottlieb On Researching Medical Uses Of Cannabis
DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA: Over the past decade, we’ve seen a growing interest in the development of therapies derived from marijuana and its components.
07/19/2018 3:53 PMdetail
- Cannabis Cultivation Will Be A Race To The Bottom
The current “green rush” has brought with it an intense focus on large-scale cannabis cultivation. Across the United States and around the globe, we routinely hear stories of companies building larger and larger cannabis farms.
07/19/2018 10:18 AMdetail
- Home Invasion Robbery at a Cannabis Grow Site
This morning at 4:26 there was a robbery and home invasion. The incident took place at one of the marijuana growers located on the 23000 block of Potter Road.
07/14/2018 12:21 PMdetail
- California publishes first draft of permanent marijuana industry rules
The trio of state agencies that oversees California’s marijuana program on Friday published the long-awaited first draft of permanent rules for the state’s multibillion-dollar MJ industry.
07/13/2018 2:05 PMdetail
- Monterey County to draft rules on outdoor commercial marijuana grows
Salinas >> Monterey County will move forward with regulations for allowing limited outdoor commercial marijuana grows.
07/12/2018 8:36 AMdetail
- Officials call for endangered listing for Humboldt marten
SACRAMENTO — A cat-sized, weasel-like animal whose habitat in forests along California’s northern coast is under threat from marijuana cultivation should receive endangered species status, state fish and wildlife officials said.
07/12/2018 8:33 AMdetail
- Cannabis cops: ‘Major’ county enforcement operations under way, already need more funding
Monterey County >> A “major” cannabis enforcement effort targeting both the black market and legal market compliance is being led by multiple Monterey County departments in the unincorporated county, according to a top county official.
07/10/2018 1:29 PMdetail
- Monterey County supervisors to consider drafting outdoor pot grow rules
Monterey County >> After years of requests from marijuana growers in communities from Big Sur and Carmel Valley to southern Monterey County, the Board of Supervisors is poised Tuesday to consider moving forward with regulation to allow outdoor commercial cannabis cultivation.
07/10/2018 1:06 PMdetail
- America’s Teenagers Are Quickly Becoming the Next Generation of Smokers
Emerging tobacco products are threatening decades of progress in public health. At the forefront is a relatively new and non-traditional electronic cigarette (e-cigarette), JUUL, which has become increasingly popular among youth and young adults and has quickly become the top-selling e-cigarette on the market.
06/21/2018 12:47 PMdetail
- Kellogg Company recalls Honey Smacks cereal due to possible health risk
Kellogg Company has issued a recall for 15.3 oz. and 23 oz. packages of Kellogg’s ® Honey Smacks ® cereal (with code dates listed below) because these products have the potential presence of Salmonella. No other Kellogg products are impacted by this recall.
- Monterey County Health Department receives National Accredtiation
Monterey County Health Department announced today that it has achieved national accreditation through the Public Health Accreditation Board (PHAB). Monterey County Health Department is now one of 226 state and local health departments that have achieved accreditation through the national effort that launched in 2011. Only 11 of these are located in California.
05/23/2018 4:06 PMdetail
- Do Teething Babies Need Medicine on Their Gums? No
Teething is a normal part of childhood and should not be treated with homeopathic remedies, like teething tablets, or prescription or over-the-counter (OTC) medications that are rubbed on the gum
- 7 things you should know to get ready to vote in 2018. Remember to vote on June 5, 2018. 7 cosas que debes saber para prepararte para votar en el 2018.Recuerda votar el 5 de junio de 2018.
05/16/2018 3:57 PMdetail
- Monterey County announces a settlement regarding Measure Z.
Monterey County has reached a settlement agreement with the plaintiffs who sued to halt the implementation of the initiative known as Measure Z.
05/15/2018 3:16 PMdetail
- Monterey County's new food inspection app
The Monterey County Health Department Environmental Health Bureau announces the release of a new phone application “MC Food Inspection Findings” available for public use. The new app assists the public in making informed decisions when seeking restaurants and food facilities that meet or exceed food safety standards.
- Approval received for Local Agency Management Program for Onsite Wastewater Treatment Systems
The Monterey County Health Department, Environmental Health Bureau (EHB), has received approval of their Local Agency Management Program (LAMP) for Onsite Wastewater Treatment Systems (OWTS, also called septic systems). The LAMP details new regulations and site evaluation requirements that will be applied to any OWTS (septic system) permit issued on or after May 11, 2018.
- Vote early at the New Elections office 1441 Schilling Place
05/10/2018 8:00 AMdetail
- Get ready to vote!
Verify your voter status, request a vote-by-mail ballot and view your voter guide at www.MontereyCountyElections.us.
05/10/2018 8:00 AMdetail
- 2017-2018 Investigation Statement by Michael Petrie, EMS Bureau Chief/EMS Director to the Monterey County Emergency Medical Care Committee
- Monterey County Supervisor Mary Adams will host a community meeting for residents about the Highway 1 Climbing Lane Project on May 8th.
05/03/2018 12:40 PMdetail