Law and Ethics 2020
Serving Clients in Behavioral Health Systems
- Date: 03/25/2020 9:00 AM - 4:30 PM
- Location: General Stilwell Ballroom
4260 Gigling Road
Seaside, California 93955
- Introduction: Target Audience:
Licensed and Licensed Eligible Mental Health Professionals who work with clients in Public Behavioral Health.
This course is developed for professionals who work with the MediCal, safety net population. The presenter will review and explain new laws and regulations related to training and licensure for BBS and Psychology Board professionals, use of electronic communications in care, and maintenance of confidentiality of records, and exceptions to confidentiality. The presenter will also review and help participant problems solve issues related to consent, confidentiality and ethical dilemmas.
As a result of this training, participants will be able to:
- DESCRIBE their requirements for licensure, including any changes.
- STATE at least one change they will make to their practice as a result of new laws or regulations.
- IDENTIFY at least one step they can take to increase security of client information.
COST: No Fee
MCBH Staff: myLearningPointe (mLP). https://www.mylearningpointe.com/
Community Members: https://montereyqi.wufoo.com/forms/qd4xakz1nlyxol/
Continuing Education: Six (6) Credits for: LCSW, LMFT, LPPC, and Psychologists
See flyer for more details