Healthy Snack Day -
- Date: 09/10/2019 12:00 PM - 2:00 PM
- Location: Alisal Farmers Market
632 East Alisal Street
Salinas, California 93905
On September 10, 2019, adults and children are invited to the second annual Healthy Snack Day, a Statewide Day of Action to help Californians learn how to make healthier snack choices as part of an overall balanced diet. Hands-on activities will show attendees how sugars, saturated fats, and sodium can sneak into snack choices and how to make healthier snacks whether at home or on-the-go. Participants can learn about recipes that satisfy their favorite snacking flavors, take home snack recipe cards, and make a pledge to reach for healthier snacks. Visit www.HealthySnackDay.com for more information.
Adults, children and families may enjoy interactive activities, including:
- Building an Origami Snack Finder – A folded paper game for children that promotes healthy snacking based on their favorite flavor cravings – sweet, savory, crunchy and spicy – and can include recipe cards to take home.
- Taking the Healthy Snack Day Pledge – Dry erase boards and photo booths allow attendees to document their pledge to reach for healthy snacks for themselves and their families.
- Navigating the Personal Recipe Finder – A digital experience that helps users identify the perfect snack recipe based on their favorite ingredients.