HOW DO I?
Published on May 02, 2017. Last modified on March 26, 2020
- Date: 01/23/2020 8:30 AM - 10:30 AM
- Location: Marina Training Room
299 12th Street, Room 301
Marina, California 93933
Thursday, January 23rd, 8:30 am – 10:30 am
Marina Training Room
299 12th St. Marina, CA 93933 Room: 301
COFFEE & TEA PROVIDED
1. Describe current syphilis epidemiology in California and existing screening recommendations for syphilis.
2. Discuss best practices for clinical management of syphilis including diagnosis, staging, treatment and follow-up.
3. Summarize current gonorrhea and chlamydia screening recommendations to ensure infections at all anatomic sites are detected and treated.
Who Should Attend?
MDs | RNs | NPs | PAs | OB/GYNs | Other clinical staff & health professionals | Health Educators
Community based organization staff | Local health department staff
REGISTER ONLINE: https://tinyurl.com/SyphilisUpdate
CEUs for RNs, LCSWs and LMFTs will be $10
please bring a check to UC Regents or exact cash
Meet the Expert:
Sharon Adler, MD, MPH, is clinical faculty at the California Prevention Training Center and is also an Assistant Clinical Professor at University of California, San Francisco (UCSF), in the department of Family and Community Medicine. She received her medical degree at the Mount Sinai School of Medicine in New York and her Master of Public Health degree from the University of California at Berkeley. She completed the Family Practice Residency program at UCSF as well as the General Preventive Medicine/Public Health program run by the UCB/UCSF. Dr. Adler has worked in the STD field for more than 15 years including 10 years of work at the California Department of Public Health STD Control Branch. She is board certified in Preventive Medicine/Public Health and has clinical experience working in community health and public health clinics in the San Francisco bay area as well as at the San Francisco STD City Clinic.
QUESTIONS? Contact Lori Osorio, MPH at Lori.Osorio@UCSF.edu