Schedule for Monterey County Departments During Shelter In Place Order
Schedule for Monterey County Departments During Shelter in Place Order
Ag Commissioner: Open
Assessor/Clerk/Recorder: Closed to public. Limited services by mail, email or phone.
Auditor-Controller: Open, reduced hours.
Board of Supervisors Offices:
- Districts 1,3,4,5 - Offices are closed. Services by phone, email.
- District 2 - Office open, reduced staff.
Child Support Services: Open. Reduced lobby hours: 7:00 am – 5:00 pm. Assistance also available at https://childsupport.ca.gov/ or by calling the customer connect line 866-901-3212.
Civil Rights Office: Office closed. Serving clients remotely via phone and email.
Clerk of the Board: Open. Recommend calling or email.
District Attorney: King City, Monterey Offices closed. Salinas office open.
Elections: Open but closed to public
Emergency Communications: Open but limited public access.
Human Resources: Closed to the public, services available electronically or phone.
Libraries: Closed. Online services
Military and Veterans Affairs Office: Office open with limited staff for virtual appointments, phone calls/appointments. Van Ride to Palo Alto suspended.
Natividad: Normal Operations, Outpatient Diabetes Education Center temporarily closed.
- Adult Division, 20 E. Alisal Street, Salinas: Open, most appointments deferred
- Juvenile Hall, 1420 Natividad Road, Salinas: Normal operations. Phone, virtual visits for youth
- Youth Center, 970 Circle Drive, Salinas: Normal operations. Phone, virtual visits for youth
- Juvenile Division, 1422 Natividad Road, Salinas: Open
- Silver Star Resource Center, 855 E. Laurel Drive, Salinas: Open, walk-ins discouraged.
- Silver Star Youth Program/Rancho Cielo, 710 Old Stage Road, Salinas: Open, community-based programs suspended
- Monterey Office, 1200 Aguajito Road, Monterey: Courthouse closed. See signage for contact information
Public Defender: Lobby closed. Clients should call 831-755-5058.
Resource Management Agency:
- Permit Center: By appointment only, no walk ins. Recommend electronic submittals
- Parks: Open. Public advised not to use playground equipment
- Public Works: Open
- Jail: In person family visitation suspended, video chat only
- Administration, jail lobbies: Closed
- No change in response to emergencies/crimes against persons
- Some calls for service maybe handled by phone
Social Services: Open for limited/emergency services. Call 831-755-4448
Treasurer/Tax Collector: Reduced service levels/hours: 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. M-F. Recommend making payments electronically or by mail.
Water Resources Agency: Closed to the public. To contact staff, call (831) 755-4860 and leave a message. For issues about any Agency facility that needs immediate attention, please call the After Hours line at (831) 796-1166 and leave a message.