The Monterey County Office of Emergency Services Training Program plans, facilitates and coordinates training sessions involving local, state and federal partners to help them practice emergency planning and management skills. OES works with a wide variety of partners to design and provide training opportunities for County staff, city partners, the private sector, non-profit organizations and other regional response partners. OES training helps to develop essential emergency management skills, reinforce Emergency Operations Center (EOC) responsibilities and introduce technology. The principles learned during training are reinforced during exercises organized and facilitated by OES.
The Monterey County Office of Emergency Services Exercise Program coordinates exercises involving local, state and federal partners to help them practice response skills in “real-life” disaster scenarios. OES works locally, regionally, at the state level and nationally to design and execute exercises among our multi-disciplinary stakeholders.
For more information on upcoming training and exercise opportunities, please visit the OES Calendar.
EXERCISE DOCUMENTATION TEMPLATES
The templates below will provide a general framework for the development of your exercise. These templates are based on resources provided by the Homeland Security Exercise Evaluation Program (HSEEP). If you are conducting an HSEEP-compliant exercise, your documentation should closely reflect the format of the below templates. However, if your exercise does not need to be HSEEP-compliant, simply use these templates as a reference throughout your planning process.
- Initial Planning Meeting (IPM) Sample Agenda
- Mid-term Planning Meeting (MPM) Sample Agenda
- Final Planning Meeting (FPM) Sample Agenda
- Exercise Planning Task List
- Developing SMART Objectives (Word Doc)
- Exercise Plan (ExPlan) (Word Doc)
- Situation Manual (SitMan) (Word Doc)
- Master Scenario Events List (MSEL)
- Controller/Evaluator Handbook (C/E Handbook) (Word Doc)
- Exercise Evaluation Guides (EEGs)
- After-Action Report / Improvement Plan (AAR/IP) (Word Doc)