DUE TO SYSTEM MAINTENANCE THE CLERK/RECORDER'S OFFICE
MAY OPEN UP TO 2 HOURS LATE THE MORNING OF
THURSDAY, AUGUST 1, 2019
Please note: Beginning November 18th, 2014 our office will be closed from 4-5pm once per quarter, on the third Tuesday of the following months: March, May, August and November.
Sorry for any inconvenience that this may cause.
Also note: Our office will be closed from 8:45am-10:15am on the following days: May 13, 2019, August 19, 2019, and November 7, 2019.
We apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause.
THE COUNTY CLERK HAS THE FOLLOWING BASIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Issues and registers marriage licenses
- Files fictitious business names, notary oaths of office, power of attorneys, surety bonds, and inventory statements, among other miscellaneous filings
- Files California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) documents
- Registers Professional Photocopiers, Process Servers, Unlawful Detainer Assistants, Legal Document Assistants, and Humane Officers
- Is the local filing official for the Fair Political Practice Commission in the notification, filing and reporting of certain Statements of Economic Interest
- Maintains a list of public rosters