Ensure Monterey County’s financial integrity and promote efficient, effective government.
Oversee, protect, and report on public funds to ensure trust.
Statement of Principles and Values
The Office of the Auditor-Controller adheres to the highest professional standards of conduct. We are dedicated to operating in ways that serve the public interest, honor the public trust and demonstrate a commitment to excellence. We PLEDGE to the principles of…Ethics
- To remain independent, objective and accountable for our actions
- To perform all duties with integrity and honesty
- To continuously strive to be deserving of the trust placed in us by the County’s citizens
- To remain abreast of, and follow, the highest professional accounting standards
- To be diligent when rendering our services to the public, County departments, special districts, and other government agencies
- To report financial information to the public in an accurate and timely manner
- To continuously seek ways to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of our processes
- To hire, train, motivate and retain a professional work force in a non-discriminatory manner
- To achieve desired results through the instruction and support of our County employees