Advise the Board of Supervisors on appropriate economic development policies, programs and activities to ensure a Countywide perspective in support of a diversified economy, higher paying jobs and an expanded revenue base for local government services, while preserving and protecting the County’s agricultural, tourism and education economic base in collaboration with cities.
- Recommend an Economic Development Strategic Plan to the Board of Supervisors that can create greater economic opportunities and enhance the county’s overall prosperity.
- Assist the Board in setting economic development priorities that provide a strategic policy focus.
- Recommend an economic development program that grows jobs through:
- Business retention and expansion
- Growing new businesses
- Attracting businesses
- Identify and support collaborative efforts with local governmental agencies, non-profit organizations, and industry leaders to promote economic development activities that are compatible with the county’s vision to protect, preserve and enhance the region’s quality of life.
- Review and provide oversight in the distribution, funding and performance auditing of the Development Set-Aside Agencies:
- Monterey County Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Arts Council for Monterey County
- Monterey County Film Commission
- Review and provide oversight in the funding and performance auditing of the Monterey County Business Council Competitive Clusters Initiatives.
- Review and provide oversight regarding the County’s participation in the Salinas Valley Enterprise Zone.
Meeting dates: TBD
Meeting location: TBD
Supervisor John M. Phillips, District 2 Supervisor Mary L. Adams, District 5
Agendas can be view here: https://monterey.legistar.com/Calendar.aspx
Economic Opportunity Committee 2013
Economic Opportunity Committee 2012
Economic Opportunity Committee 2011
Debby L. Bradshaw, Management Analyst
Anita Nachor, Senior Secretary
Monterey County Administrative Office
Intergovernmental and Legislative Affairs- Division of Housing and Economic Development
168 West Alisal Street, 3rd Floor
Salinas, CA 93901
Phone: (831) 755-5390