Child Care Planning Council
For further information, please call the Clerk of the Board's Office at (831) 755-5066.Apply Now
- June 18, 1991 The Board formed this Council, in accordance with state law established by Assembly Bill 2141 that encouraged the formation of county level child care planning councils.
- December 9, 1997 Bylaws revised to comply with Welfare Reform Bill AB 1542
- April 3, 2001 Bylaws revised
- December 5, 2006 Bylaws revised
- January 15, 2013 Bylaws Amended, effective 07-01-12
20 members shall be nominated to the Council from specific categories as listed. The Monterey County Board of Supervisors and the Monterey County Superintendent of Schools shall each appoint one-half of the members.
The Council shall be comprised as follows:
- Twenty percent of the membership shall be consumers who are parent or persons who receive, or who have received within the past 36 months, child care services.
- Twenty percent of the membership shall be child care providers who represent diverse child care providers.
- Twenty percent of the membership shall be public agency representatives from organization serving Monterey County.
- Twenty percent of the membership shall be community representatives, who are not child care providers or agencies that contract with the Department of Education to provide child care and development services.
- The remaining twenty percent shall be public members appointed at the discretion of the appointing agencies.
The service term of Council members shall be three years commencing July 1st of each year. Members may serve up to two consecutive terms but must be re-nominated, re-approved and re-appointed. Members who have served two consecutive terms must remain off the Council for one year and then may be re-appointed. There may be some exceptions to this two consecutive terms limit, but will require a full Majority Council Vote.
Qualifications & Functions:
The Council coordinates child care services in the community, determines local priorities for recent child care federal block grant monies, prepares a comprehensive countywide community child care plan with review and update every 2 years, and works with the Children’s Council (established by Senate Bill 997) to enhance community child care resources.
Meet no less than six times a year.
Janeth Rojas, Monterey County Office of Education 831-784-4141
|Appointed By||Member||Consumer Category||Appointed||Expires|
|Board of Supervisors||Shannan Watkins||Early Development Services||06-09-15||06-30-18|
|Board of Supervisors||Kendra Bobsin||Parent/ North County||01-10-17||06-30-18|
|Board of Supervisors||Gabriela Jara||Consumer||08-30-16||06-30-19|
|Board of Supervisors||Vacant||06-30-18|
Public Agency Category
|Appointed By||Member||Public Agency Category||Appointed||Expires|
|Board of Supervisors||Gelacio Gonzalez||Easter Seals Central California||06-09-15||06-30-18|
|Board of Supervisors||Dora McKean||Public Member||08-30-16||06-30-19|
|Board of Supervisors||Francine Rodd||Public Agency||04-11-17||06-30-20|
Community Representative Category
|Appointed By||Member||Community Representative Category||Appointed||Expires|
Child Care Provider Category
|Appointed By||Member||Child Care Provider Category||Appointed||Expires|
|Board of Supervisors||Maria Guerrero||Economic Opportunities Commission||06-09-15||06-30-18|
|Board of Supervisors||Laura Dunn||Carmel Unified School District, Program Director||12-08-15||06-30-18|
|Board of Supervisors||Maria Ortiz||Provider||08-30-16||06-30-18|