Children and Families First Commission
For further information, please call the Clerk of the Board's Office at (831) 755-5066.Apply Now (aka: First Five Monterey County Commission)
On December 8, 1998, the Monterey County Board of Supervisors adopted Ordinance No. 4003, adding Chapter 2.59 to the Monterey County Code relating to the adoption of a Children & Families First Ordinance consisting of the establishment of the Monterey County Children & Families First Commission and a local children and families first trust fund. November 16, 1999 Bylaws adopted. June 27, 2006 Bylaws amended.
Composed of seven (7) members to be appointed by the Board of Supervisors as follows:
- Director of the Monterey County Health Department, or his/her designee
- Director of the Monterey County Social Services Department, or his/her designee
- Twenty percent of the membership shall be public agency representatives from organization serving Monterey County.
- A member of the Board of Supervisors
- Four At-Large members nominated by the Commission with final approval of the Board of Supervisors
- The Commission member from the Board of Supervisors shall be appointed or re-appointed annually by the Chair of the Board of Supervisors
- Four At-Large shall serve three (3) year terms at the Pleasure of the Board; terms staggered and may be re-appointed at the Pleasure of the Board but shall not serve more than a maximum of two (2) consecutive terms.
Meeting Date, Time, Location:
Fourth Monday of each month at 9:00 a.m. located at 1125 Baldwin St., Salinas, CA
Joanne Jensen First 5 Monterey County, 1125 Baldwin St., Salinas, CA 93907. 444-8549 X 19 Email: Joanna@first5monterey.org
|Director of Health||Elsa Jimenez||02-23-16||Pleasure of the Board|
|Director of Social Services Department||Elliott Robinson||07-31-01||Pleasure of the Board|
|At-Large||Julia Pederson, MD
Updated 06-12-18 dh