Commission on DisabilitiesFor further information, please call the Clerk of the Board's Office at (831) 755-5066.
- 02-20-01 Resolution 01-073 Commission Created
- 06-12-01 Bylaws
- 02-15-05 Bylaws revised.
- 08-29-06 Renamed Monterey County Commission on Disabilities
- 07-12-11 Resolution 11-257 Re-established Advisory Commission on Disabilities
- 06-25-13 Bylaws Revised
- 04-22-14 Bylaws Revised
- 10-25-16 Bylaws Amended
A Representatives - consists of nineteen representatives:
- Consists of no more than 23 representatives All members of the Monterey County Commission on Disabilities shall be approved by the Board of Supervisors, within their sole discretion including:
- Each member of the Board of Supervisors shall appoint a representative who lives or works in his/her district.
- For a combined total of eight (8) each city within Monterey County that desires to do so, shall submit a request for membership and appointment of a representative to the Commission.
- The Director of the county’s Resource Management Agency or his/her designee shall serve ex-officio as a non-voting member of the Commission.
- The Monterey County Department Heads Council shall select a representative to serve a three-year term.
- A combined total of not-to-exceed eight (8) representatives from various community-based organizations located in Monterey County that represent the interest and concerns of people with disabilities and/or, actively advocate for civil rights of persons with disabilities may be appointed. Each representative appointed must reside or work for an agency/organization in Monterey County. Each organization requesting representation on the Commission shall be screened and approved separately in accordance with standards established by the Commission. A representative may be appointed only after the organization is approved for membership on the Commission. Each community based group’s representative shall serve a three-year term, and then must petition for any additional three-year appointment. Consideration for an additional term shall be made along with other interested and qualified community-based organization (s).
Except for the initial terms, the regular terms of office begin January 1st and end December 31st.
There shall be a six-year maximum consecutive membership, excludes Board of Supervisor’s representative.
Meeting Date, Time, Location:
The board meets on the last Monday of every other month at 2:00 p.m. at 168 W. Alisal St, 2nd floor, in the Monterey Room.
Rocio Quezada – Equal Opportunity Office 759-6612
|1||Vacant||Pleasure of the Board|
|2||Susan Osorio||12-08-15||Pleasure of the Board|
|3||Jose Vasquez||02-26-08||Pleasure of the Board|
|4||Henry Bergstresser||10-04-11||Pleasure of the Board|
|5||Vacant||Pleasure of the Board|
City Representatives (Maximum of 8)
|Sand City||Kristen McDaniel
|Del Rey Oaks||Vacant|
Monterey County General Services Department Head - (1) ex officio
|RMA Department Head||Neville Pereira
Monterey County Department Heads Council Representative (1)
|Military & Veteran's Affairs Department||Unscheduled Vacancy||12-31-18|
Community-Based Organization Representatives (8)
|Deft & Hard of Hearing Service Center||Wayne Johnson||01-12-16||12-31-18|
|MST District||Cristy Sugabo||03-07-17||12-31-18|
|Central Coast Alliance for Health||Lilia Chagolla||11-17-15||12-31-18|
|United Veterans Council||James Bogan||01-10-17||12-31-19|
|Central Coast Center for Independent Living||Vacant||12-31-17|
|Special Kids Crusade||Vacant||12-31-19|
--Updated;- 04-17-18 dh