HOW DO I?
Published on March 20, 2020. Last modified on March 20, 2020
Hitchcock Road Animal Services are currently closed to the public due to the CoVID-19 Shelter In Place Order. We’re working hard to maintain social distancing guidelines as well as continue to get animals out of the shelter and keep them happy. So that we can do that and stay safe, please be aware of the following:
- Appointments are needed for stray animal drop off, owner redemption and foster pick up.
- Licenses are not being processed on site: Please send in by mail or, from Salinas, online.
- Lost Pets can be reported via email or online.
- Found pets that you can safely house until April 8th can be reported via email.
- Health community and stray cats are not being accepted at this time as our SNR program is on hold.
- Animal Control Officers are still on duty Monday – Friday for emergencies, bite investigations and stray, confined dogs.
- Adoptions of animals are on hold but we are utilizing foster homes.
- If you’d like to foster a shelter animal during the shelter in place, please fill out the form below and we’ll be in contact.
- Please go to www.salinasanimas.com or www.mtyhd.org/pets to identify which animal you may be interested in fostering.All fosters are the property of the shelter until the adoption is finalized.All animals will be microchipped and vaccinated.
- Please DO NOT come to the shelter before calling us.
Animal Control: 831-758-7321