HOW DO I?
Published on March 20, 2020. Last modified on July 07, 2020
Hitchcock Road Animal Services
Foster Care Program
Thank you for choosing to help a shelter pet as a foster parent. At this time, our program is for shelter pets that may not be doing well in the shelter, need additional medical care, be underaged or another specific reason and need a temporary place to relax and be successful.
A couple things about our foster program:
- All animals remain as shelter animals until the adoption process has been finalized.
- Foster animals are NOT to be transferred to another home without permission from the shelter beforehand.
- You may need to keep your foster animal separate from your own pets for both behavior and disease prevention.
- You are required to bring the animal to the shelter for any scheduled medical treatments or appointments.
- At this time, we are only recommending virtual meet and greets for potential adopters as approved. No in person meetings!
- We'll need your help promoting your foster animals with pictures and videos when they are ready!
- Not all animals are foster program candidates as our adoption program is running. We ask for your patience as we are working through and we do prioritize local Monterey County foster applicants at this time.
Once you submit the application below, it is sent to our Foster Coordinator. You will be contacted should the animal need fostering. Please be patient.