HOW DO I?
Published on January 27, 2020. Last modified on March 27, 2020
Salinas Valley Memorial Healthcare System has a Coronavirus Hotline: 831-755-0793 The hotline is staffed with registered nurses and will be available from 7:00am to 11:00pm, 7 days a week. More Information
Please reserve Emergency Rooms visits for accidents, severe symptoms, and other life-threatening emergencies.
There is a lot of information available about COVID-19 and how to protect yourself here for you to review at the CDC Website. You can also call 211 for information.
To receive updates regarding COVID-19 in Monterey County, text MCCOVID19 to 888777.
Para recibir actualizaciones sobre COVID-19 en el Condado de Monterey, envíe un mensaje de texto con MCCOVID19 al 888777.
- En Español: Para obtener información en español, visite nuestra página del Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19).
March 26, 2020
- The Care for Community Resource Directory is intended to provide members of the Monterey County community with important contact information for organizations and agencies involved in providing disaster assistance following emergencies of all kinds.
- Natividad Launches Bilingual Hotline to Answer Coronavirus Questions
- MST Service Suspension During Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic Effective March 289, 2020
March 25, 2020
- Informational videos in ASL
- Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL82Z-swK0-4njl9qWjAoNY1HKbWndlq4i
- Introduction: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oX3JnbLodRI
- What is COVID-19?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XM40f6Q_kE
- How Does COVID-19 Spread?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0MVC3PtxxE
- COVID-19 Symptoms: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJJqmtx9_co
- What to Do If You Are Sick: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzumK5zimY4
- Prevention & Treatment of COVID-19: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoNZB2yox6c
- Stigma & COVID-19: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zWS7Xj26J0
- What Can You Do About COVID-19?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BnEfqfvucY
- What is Social Distancing?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYcL6NN-KcI
- Essential Business List
- Department of Health Care Services COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions: Narcotic Treatment Programs\
- Department of Health Care Services COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions: Driving Under the Influence (DUI) Programs
March 24, 2020
- Monterey County Landfill Operators Provide Critical Public Heath Services Through COVID-19 Crisis
- US Department of Labor Offers Guidance for Preparing Work Places for Coronavirus
March 23, 2020
- Fact Sheet for Healthcare Providers CDC 2019-nCoV Real- Time RT_PCR Diagnostic Panel Updated 3/15/2020
March 21, 2020
March 20, 2020
- Impact of the Monterey County Health Officer Shelter in Place Order on commercial cannabis operations.
- Advisory for Agricultural Worker Protection during COVID-19 Crisis on the Central Coast of California
- ASESORAMIENTO PARA LA PROTECCIÓN DE LOS TRABAJADORES AGRÍCOLAS DURANTE LA CRISIS DE COVID-19 EN LA COSTA CENTRAL DE CALIFORNIA
- Press Release - Monterey County and Agriculture Industry Associations Endorse Advisory for Agricultural Worker Protection During COVID-19 Crisis
- CONDADO DE MONTEREY Y ASOCIACIONES DE LA INDUSTRIA DE LA AGRICULTURA Apoyar ASESORAMIENTO PARA LA PROTECCION DE TRABAJADORES AGRICULTURALES DURANTE LA CRISIS DE COVID-19
March 19, 2020
March 18, 2020
Montage Health Virtual Care Option Free for all community members experiencing mild respiratory symptoms 831-622-8001 including coronavirus/COVID-19 More information
March 17, 2020
- First Confirmed Cases of COVID-19 among Monterey County Residents
- Monterey County Health Officer Shelter in Place Order
- Monterey County Health Officer Shelter in Place Order - SPANISH
- Frequently Asked Questions about Shelter in Place Order
Preguntas frecuentes sobre la nueva orden para que la población se refugie en sus casas, excepto cuando necesite proporcionar o recibir productos o servicios esenciales, o participar en actividades esenciales Actualizado el 18 de marzo de 2020
- Treasurer - Tax Collector's Statement to Community Regarding the April 10th Property Tax Delinquency Date -
- COVID-19 Relief Fund Created to Benefit Monterey County Residents - Community Foundation
March 16, 2020
- Statement to the Community Regarding Potential Shelter in Place Order
- COVID-19 Testing at the Monterey County Public Health Laboratory
- More time to file, pay for California taxpayers affected by the COVID-19 pandemic
- Congressman Panetta Provides Update on Congress’ Response to COVID-19
March 15, 2020
March 14, 2020
- Your mother was right, clean hands save lives - Flyer in English and Spanish
March 13, 2020
- A Frequently Asked Questions document addressing not only on the virus but the County response and issues such as testing English Spanish
- Printable prevention theme posters in English and Spanish
- Helpful tips for managing mental health issues during this outbreak English and Spanish
- A link to the Employment Development Department’s COVID-19 assistance page for workers who may feel an economic impact related to COVID-19
Passengers from the Grand Princess at Asilomar
Some passengers from the Grand Princess cruise ship are being quarantined at Asilomar Conference Center in Pacific Grove, which is state owned.
There are many questions and concerns about this quarantine. Here is the latest information from the California Department of Public Health about the guests at Asilomar and how their quarantine and care is being handled. Read more
California Department of Public Health Guidance on Mass Gatherings
To protect public health and slow the rate of transmission of COVID-19, gatherings as described here should be postponed or canceled across the state of California for at least the remainder of the month of March.
The 2019 novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV or COVID-19) is a new virus that causes respiratory illness in people and can spread from person-to-person. This virus was first identified during an investigation into an outbreak in Wuhan, China.
Monterey County Health Officials continue to work closely with local hospitals, medical providers, emergency medical service agencies, federal and state officials, and other community partners to detect possible cases of COVID-19, facilitate testing, reduce the chances of local transmission of the virus, and safeguard the health of our communities.
If you feel sick and are concerned about COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus), please call your doctor or other healthcare provider before arriving at the office. Please reserve Emergency Rooms visits for accidents, severe symptoms, and other life-threatening emergencies. Symptoms of coronavirus Síntomas del nuevo coronavirus 2019
There is a lot of information available about COVID-19 and how to protect yourself here for you to review. You can also call 211 for information.
Learn more actions Monterey County Health Department is taking by reviewing our March 3, 2020, Press Release.
Click on the topics below to learn more about COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus)
Follow us on Twitter for up-to-date public health information @WashCoverStay!