HOW DO I?
12:00 PMWebinar - Pregnancy-Associated Suicide in California, 2002-2012: Findings from in-depth case reviews and recommendations for prevention
8:00 AMBradley Clean Up
8:00 AMSan Ardo Clean Up
Beach Advisory Lifted: Lovers Point Beach, Pacific Grove
Lovers Point Beach was posted with an advisory due to high indicator bacteria found in samples taken 9/26/2019. Follow up samples reveal that bacteria counts are at levels considered safe for recreational contact.
9/20/2019 12:00:00 PM
National Food Safety Education Month - Food Safety Conference
In recognition of September being designated as National Food Safety Education Month, the Environmental Health Bureau of the Monterey County Health Department announced today the recipients of its Award of Excellence, a highlight of the Monterey County Health Department’s Gold Seal program for retai
9/18/2019 1:00:00 PM
30th Annual Celebration of Culture and Language
The Annual Celebration of Culture & Language by the Latino Network of Monterey County is Wednesday, September 25th. This year’s main speaker is former Major League Baseball player, Ernesto “Ernie” Camacho. He has returned to his roots in Salinas & established a foundation to encourage Salinas Youth.
Published on October 09, 2017. Last modified on November 08, 2018
The Monterey County Environmental Public Health Leadership Institute (MEPHLI) is a fourteen month leadership academy designed to mirror the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) Environmental Public Health Leadership Institute (EPHLI) program. MEPHLI achieves the vision of John Ramirez, Director of the Health Department's Environmental Health Bureau and Ric Encarnacion, Assistant Director, to bring to the county a local version of the CDC's Leadership Academy. Ramirez and Encarnacion are EPHLI graduates and wanted to offer the leadership development opportunities to all staff.
MEPHLI's inaugural launch began in 2014 and graduated its first cohort in October of 2015. Cohort III began in July 2016 and using local trainers and program resources, leadership training courses covering the following topics were presented:
- EQ (Emotional Quotient) 360 Development Survey
- Creating a Professional Development Plan
- The Health Department's Core Functions and Ten Essential Services Review
- Seven Habits of Highly Effective People
- Project Management
- Systems Thinking
The institute was developed to strengthen the country’s environmental public health system by enhancing the leadership capabilities of state and local environmental public health specialists. Emphasis is placed on:
- Enhancing strategic visioning and direction-setting skills through critical thinking and analysis (systems thinking), political effectiveness, and organizational and team development;
- Using the core functions of public health as a foundation for achieving environmental public health goals;
- Creating proactive environmental public health leaders who can mobilize resources in response to the changing public health environment (core competencies);
- Enhancing the performance outcomes of the essential services of environmental public health; and
- Promoting and improving the delivery of environmental public health services to communities.