HOW DO I?
10:00 AM2019 Birth and Baby Fair
Recall of Sprouts frozen spinach because of possible health risk
Sprouts Farmers Market has issued a recall Frozen Cut Leaf Spinach 16oz bags, manufactured by National Frozen Foods of Oregon, because it has the potential to be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes.
The Monterey County Medical-Legal Partnership: Empowering Patients and Providers to Improve Health Outcomes
The Monterey County Medical-Legal Partnership, an initiative of CRLA and the Health Department, addresses social determinants of health--like pesticide exposure, substandard housing, and dangerous labor practices--to improve health outcomes for County clinic patients.
King Arthur Flour recalled due to possible health risk
6/13/2019 4:00:00 PM
Published on October 09, 2017. Last modified on November 08, 2018
The Monterey County Environmental Public Health Leadership Institute (MEPHLI) is a fourteen month leadership academy designed to mirror the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) Environmental Public Health Leadership Institute (EPHLI) program. MEPHLI achieves the vision of John Ramirez, Director of the Health Department's Environmental Health Bureau and Ric Encarnacion, Assistant Director, to bring to the county a local version of the CDC's Leadership Academy. Ramirez and Encarnacion are EPHLI graduates and wanted to offer the leadership development opportunities to all staff.
MEPHLI's inaugural launch began in 2014 and graduated its first cohort in October of 2015. Cohort III began in July 2016 and using local trainers and program resources, leadership training courses covering the following topics were presented:
- EQ (Emotional Quotient) 360 Development Survey
- Creating a Professional Development Plan
- The Health Department's Core Functions and Ten Essential Services Review
- Seven Habits of Highly Effective People
- Project Management
- Systems Thinking
The institute was developed to strengthen the country’s environmental public health system by enhancing the leadership capabilities of state and local environmental public health specialists. Emphasis is placed on:
- Enhancing strategic visioning and direction-setting skills through critical thinking and analysis (systems thinking), political effectiveness, and organizational and team development;
- Using the core functions of public health as a foundation for achieving environmental public health goals;
- Creating proactive environmental public health leaders who can mobilize resources in response to the changing public health environment (core competencies);
- Enhancing the performance outcomes of the essential services of environmental public health; and
- Promoting and improving the delivery of environmental public health services to communities.