Requirements for Event Organizer
The Health and Safety Code for the State of California states that the Organizer of a Community Event, which involves Temporary Food Facilities, must obtain an Event Organizer health permit.
To obtain a permit, you must complete this online form or download the PDF application and submit it at least 30 days prior to the event. You will also have the option to just fill out the application part and submit a list of your food vendors at a later date, but no later than 10 days before the event. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (831) 755-4508.
This online application consist of three parts:
- Event Organizer Application: A completed Event Organizer Application including the name and contact
information for an event organizer representative who is available during the event.
- Upload Site Map: You must provide a site map of the event area(s)showing all the following:
- Location of and identification of all food facilities
- Location of all toilet and hand-washing facilities available to the food facilities
They must be within 200 feet of all Temporary Food Facilities
- Location of all garbage and refuse containers to be used by the food facilities
- Location of the approved liquid waste disposal or storage facilities for:
- Grease and Oil.
- Or a statement that vehicles will transport waste water off site.
- Statements as to the source of the water to be used by the temporary food
facilities and the location of water hook ups.
- Upload or List Food Vendors: A list of all persons (including their address, email and telephone number) who will
be selling or giving food away (samples) at the event. If you do not have a complete list of vendors, you may choose to provide some now and the rest at a later date. The final list is due no later than 10 days prior to
date of event. Organizers must ensure all food vendors have a valid health permit or application prior
to the event.