HOW DO I?
8:30 AMSyphilis Update
California Lawmakers Say Pot Taxes Must be Cut to Help an Industry 'On the Brink'
SACRAMENTO — California lawmakers on Friday revived a proposal to temporarily cut taxes on marijuana to boost a legal market that one official said is “on the brink of collapse,” drawing encouragement from Gov. Gavin Newsom as he seeks to overhaul state pot regulators. Read more...>>
1/17/2020 3:42:36 PM
JURY CONVICTS INMATE OF POSSESSING MULTIPLE WEAPONS INSIDE SALINAS VALLEY STATE PRISON
Monterey County District Attorney Jeannine M. Pacioni announced today that a Monterey County jury convicted David Player, 38, an inmate at the Salinas Valley State Prison, of two counts of possession of stabbing instruments while confined to the Salinas Valley State Prison.
1/17/2020 1:38:07 PM
ILLEGAL CANNABIS CULTIVATION RESULTS IN FELONY CONVICTION
Monterey County DA Jeannine M. Pacioni announced today that Tom Hays Gries, age 44, was sentenced for a cannabis cultivation operation discovered at his property in May 2018. Gries received a three-year probation sentence and was ordered to serve 150 days in jail.
1/17/2020 1:35:33 PM
Published on March 25, 2019. Last modified on September 09, 2019
AB 2524 Catering and Host Facilities
What is a Catering Operation?
“Catering operation” means a food service that is conducted by a permanent food facility approved for food preparation where food is served, or limited food preparation is conducted, at a location other than its permitted location, in either of the following circumstances:
- As part of a contracted offsite food service event.
- When operating in conjunction with a host facility with direct food sales.
Catering Operation Requirements
- Complete and submit an application form
- Have a commissary authorization
- Submit to the enforcement agency written standard operating procedures (SOP)
- Equipment used for food preparation or transportation shall be approved by Health Department
- Provide menus list
- Obtain one food safety manager certification and food handler certification for food manipulators.
- Records for its offsite food services activities with specified information.
What is a Host Facility?
“ Host facility “ means a facility located in a brewery , winery, commercial building or other location approved by the Health Department that can operate in conjunction with a catering food facility.
Host Facility Requirements
- A permit application shall be submitted to the Health department.
- Submit standard operation procedure for the food operation (SOP).
- Provide potable hot and cold water.
- Provide mop sink or janitorial sink .
- Electricity to power portable mechanical refrigeration equipment.
- A commercial, permanent restroom located no more than 200 feet from the area where the caterer serves.
- Host facility would be subject to the plan check requirements and an annual inspection.
- Provide specifications of equipment that will be used to support the catering operation.
- Host Facility Plan Check
- Host Facilities Flyer
- Food at Wineries Breweries
- Catering SOP 020119
- Catering and Host facility FAQ
For more information contact Monterey County Health, Environmental Health Bureau
1270 Natividad Rd
Salinas, CA 93906
firstname.lastname@example.org or www.mtyhd.org/eh