HOW DO I?
10:00 AM2019 Birth and Baby Fair
Recall of Sprouts frozen spinach because of possible health risk
Sprouts Farmers Market has issued a recall Frozen Cut Leaf Spinach 16oz bags, manufactured by National Frozen Foods of Oregon, because it has the potential to be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes.
The Monterey County Medical-Legal Partnership: Empowering Patients and Providers to Improve Health Outcomes
The Monterey County Medical-Legal Partnership, an initiative of CRLA and the Health Department, addresses social determinants of health--like pesticide exposure, substandard housing, and dangerous labor practices--to improve health outcomes for County clinic patients.
King Arthur Flour recalled due to possible health risk
6/13/2019 4:00:00 PM
Published on March 25, 2019. Last modified on March 25, 2019
AB 2524 Catering and Host Facilities
What is a Catering Operation?
“Catering operation” means a food service that is conducted by a permanent food facility approved for food preparation where food is served, or limited food preparation is conducted, at a location other than its permitted location, in either of the following circumstances:
- As part of a contracted offsite food service event.
- When operating in conjunction with a host facility with direct food sales.
Catering Operation Requirements
- Complete and submit an application form
- Have a commissary authorization
- Submit to the enforcement agency written standard operating procedures (SOP)
- Equipment used for food preparation or transportation shall be approved by Health Department
- Provide menus list
- Obtain one food safety manager certification and food handler certification for food manipulators.
- Records for its offsite food services activities with specified information.
What is a Host Facility?
“ Host facility “ means a facility located in a brewery , winery, commercial building or other location approved by the Health Department that can operate in conjunction with a catering food facility.
Host Facility Requirements
- A permit application shall be submitted to the Health department.
- Submit standard operation procedure for the food operation (SOP).
- Provide potable hot and cold water.
- Provide mop sink or janitorial sink .
- Electricity to power portable mechanical refrigeration equipment.
- A commercial, permanent restroom located no more than 200 feet from the area where the caterer serves.
- Host facility would be subject to the plan check requirements and an annual inspection.
- Provide specifications of equipment that will be used to support the catering operation.
- Host Facility Plan Check
- Host Facilities Flyer
- Food at Wineries Breweries
- Catering SOP 020119
- Catering and Host facility FAQ
For more information contact Monterey County Health, Environmental Health Bureau
1270 Natividad Rd
Salinas, CA 93906
firstname.lastname@example.org or www.mtyhd.org/eh